**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Permabanned
There's a few rumours about it being announced in February now... with double the performance, a screen resolution better than the oculus rift and some other niceities...

I'm tempted to cancel my note 7 order and wait... do you think it's worth waiting the 5 or 6 months?

I could get a temporary phone and go sim only until then...?

or should I just stick with waiting for the note 7 (reports being it could be until November for the EU, but likely october)...

bit of a pickle now to be fair...

Update: Now official thread

Specsheet

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a few rumours about it being announced in February now... with double the performance, a screen resolution better than the oculus rift and some other niceities...

I'm tempted to cancel my note 7 order and wait... do you think it's worth waiting the 5 or 6 months?

I could get a temporary phone and go sim only until then...?

or should I just stick with waiting for the note 7 (reports being it could be until November for the EU, but likely october)...

bit of a pickle now to be fair...

does the S8 really need double the performance over the S7 edge?

as long as the battery and camera are even better, it will do fine :)

Soldato
I've been trying to decide whether to get a new contract and phone or stick with my S5 and go sim only for a while as the S7 doesn't excite me really, maybe the S8 might be more exciting...

Associate
I've been trying to decide whether to get a new contract and phone or stick with my S5 and go sim only for a while as the S7 doesn't excite me really, maybe the S8 might be more exciting...

I keep holding similar thought ....with my S4 :p
Nothing really outstanding with the new phones ...battery still last a day...day and a half if lucky...photos hmm tempted but not that much that will make me pay the increased price tag over the S4...and no additional storage - not a big deal but higher storage options come as a premium wheres my S4 has a 64GB card for considerable less than the diff. between on board storage variant price....

Permabanned
OP
ya, nothing is exciting in the phone market anymore, I only went for the note 7 for the pen to be honest (for work) and even then it was a tough sell.

at least with the s8, there's a big spec jump...

the Lumia was more for continuum as a test...

Soldato
4k would be a good choice for Samsung.
Their VR headset is a big deal to them and 4k res would make it nice and crisp.

Doing so will require a beefy gpu though so it could all be fact.

Soldato
I think you'll be in a lifelong cycle, by the time the S8 is out there will be speculation about the next Note 8 etc etc.

If VR experience is what you're after then I'd wait for the S8, but the same logic applies really.

Toss a coin? :D

Associate
My contract renews for my S6 Edge on May/June next year, and for the first time I don't have an upgrade itch! The 8 will need to be pretty special for me to change, as the S6 Edge has been an awesome phone.

I think that is just the general state of smart phones. What more can we add? A projector? I guess we can have more advanced medical related hardware built in?

Back
Top Bottom