house of cards at McLaren

Man of Honour
Let's hope its change for the good as whitmarsh was terrible. Its time though, need a complete team restructure and building back up.

However probably means next year will still be terriable.

Soldato
The biggest mistake Dennis made was replacing Whitmarsh... with himself. He should have stayed at board level as a shareholder and found a replacement. Now he's got no control and nothing but equity.

It is what McLaren needed but has had to be done in a disorderly way.

Soldato
Is everyone missing the fact that he is still going to be on the boards of both companies and is still a director for MTG??

Clearly his choices have not been great and the impact on the F1 team is visible. Give McLaren a Mercedes engine and the only excuse becomes the chassis (which is clearly not anywhere close to their claimed "best chassis in F1"). McLaren is, and has been underperforming across the whole car since big Ron's and Honda's return.

Associate
I think you mean Ross Brawn. :)

Ross has already stated that if he were to return to F1, it wouldn't be as a team boss. I think Ross will be working along side Liberty Media on future rules and regulation changes in order to make the sport more appealing. When F1 flows into different era's teams go through transformations which results in technical staff and management moving teams. McLaren Honda will be looking at the best person to take them forward short and long term. I think Toto is perfect for that. Three back to back titles at Mercedes, maybe time for a fresh challenge for Toto and maybe Paddy Lowe too (he is ex McLaren) tho I have heard Ferrari are interested in Paddy. Also if my memory is right, the guy who master minded VWs WRC success will be joining McLaren.

Associate
I could have sworn I saw someone suggesting the Audi LMS boss could be a good fit. Anyway, if it wasn't on here then let me say it - the Audi LMS boss could be a good fit.

I reckon if that guy were to be available, he would be the target of lots of F1 teams. Audi will want to retain him for there journey into Formula E which they consider the future.

Caporegime
Ross has already stated that if he were to return to F1, it wouldn't be as a team boss. I think Ross will be working along side Liberty Media on future rules and regulation changes in order to make the sport more appealing. When F1 flows into different era's teams go through transformations which results in technical staff and management moving teams. McLaren Honda will be looking at the best person to take them forward short and long term. I think Toto is perfect for that. Three back to back titles at Mercedes, maybe time for a fresh challenge for Toto and maybe Paddy Lowe too (he is ex McLaren) tho I have heard Ferrari are interested in Paddy. Also if my memory is right, the guy who master minded VWs WRC success will be joining McLaren.

Jost Capito has already joined from VW, he started work a couple of months ago.

Back
Top Bottom