OnePlus 3T

Soldato
Soldato
OnePlus 3T has just been officially announced.

Release date for Europe looks like 28 November.

64GB £399 - Gunmetal and soft gold
128GB £439 - Gunmetal

OnePlus 3T Specifications
Operating system: OxygenOS, based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Screen: 5.5in full-HD (1920x1080, 401ppi) 16:9 Optic AMOLED with Gorilla Glass 4
Processor: 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 MSM8996 Pro
Graphics: Adreno 530 GPU
RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.0
Ports: USB-C 2.0, Dual-Nano-SIM slot, 3.5mm audio jack
Network: EU model: WCDMA 1/2/5/8, FDD-LTE 1/3/5/7/8/20, TDD-LTE 38/40, 4G LTE Cat 6
Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
Primary camera: 16Mp Sony IMX298, 1.12um pixels, f/2.0, OIS, EIS, PDAF, RAW support, 4K video @30fps, slo-mo video @120fps
Selfie camera: 16Mp Samsung 3P8SP, 1.0um pixels, fixed focus, f/2.0, 1080p video @30fps
Audio Bottom facing speaker, dual-mics with noise cancellation
Battery: 3,400mAh, non-removable, with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
Dimensions 152.7x74.7x7.35mm
Weight: 158g

Any thoughts?

Soldato
Likely going to be my next phone.

Currently on a Z3 Compact its been very tough trying to find a phone to replace it, I've been considering the One Plus 3 so my eyes are locked onto this for the moment.

Will wait for some reviews and see if there are any glaring issues but from the specs it looks great to me for the price.

Soldato
To all intents and purposes it's a OnePlus 3 with a bigger battery.

I'm struggling to think what, but there must be a reason why they've taken the time, effort and money to do a very modest upgrade, as if there's a larger battery it must surely have had a sizeable rearrangement internally? They can't be expecting that many more people to order now that wouldn't have ordered a standard 3 to make it worthwhile, surely? Why not channel all of that effort into what will surely be a OnePlus 4?

Soldato
To all intents and purposes it's a OnePlus 3 with a bigger battery.

I'm struggling to think what, but there must be a reason why they've taken the time, effort and money to do a very modest upgrade, as if there's a larger battery it must surely have had a sizeable rearrangement internally? They can't be expecting that many more people to order now that wouldn't have ordered a standard 3 to make it worthwhile, surely? Why not channel all of that effort into what will surely be a OnePlus 4?

This may be of interest - The-philosophy-behind-the-op3t-why-oneplus-released-this-device-and-what-it-means-for-the-future-of-your-oneplus-3/

The battery capacity boost is a voltage change apparently, it's the same physical size.

I'll be buying one, I was going to buy a OP3 but had to wait until the end of the month, the OP3 is out of stock and I doubt it'll be coming back in stock, so a 64GB OP3T in gunmetal it is! :D

i don't need 128GB, but for an extra £40... hmmm. :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Soldato
actually considering one of these after breaking my nextbit robin...
OPO was a happy time for me, not that keen on the look of the later One plus offerings but it seems ok value-wise

Associate
Absolutely bizarre decision making.

Maybe they were having trouble sourcing enough SD820s? Cynical alternative is they wanted an excuse to boost the price now they've built up market impact on the price/performance of previous models.

Soldato
Absolutely bizarre decision making.

Maybe they were having trouble sourcing enough SD820s? Cynical alternative is they wanted an excuse to boost the price now they've built up market impact on the price/performance of previous models.

Well they have to increase the price at some point! I doubt any company can afford to spend much time selling high end phones at such low prices.

Soldato
I imagine its well above 0%, just because certain companies price their products so high we shouldn't believe it costs them so much to make.

Soldato
This will hurt less for the people like myself that only paid £309 for the OP3 but I'm not sure I would have paid the extra £70 for a bigger battery and an overclocked SD820 even if I'd got an OP3 at current prices.

I wonder how long OP3T owners will have Nougat for before we get it... a week? maybe two?

Last edited:
Soldato
This will hurt less for the people like myself that only paid £309 for the OP3 but I'm not sure I would have paid the extra £70 for a bigger battery and an overclocked SD820 even if I'd got an OP3 at current prices.

I wonder how long OP3T owners will have Nougat for before we get it... a week? maybe two?

Judging by the article, OP3 users will have it before OP3T is even in peoples hands.

Back
Top Bottom