Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016, Yas Marina - Race 21/21

Rate the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
lTQYDOJ.png

Yas Marina

Abu Dhabi is a city on the move. Not content with enjoying one of the world's richest oil reserves, the region has recently thrown itself into a massive programme of development. And one of the jewels in Abu Dhabi's crown is the 5.55-kilometre Yas Marina Circuit, which on November 1, 2009, hosted the country's inaugural Grand Prix. It was also the first F1 twighlight race, with powerful lighting ensuring a seamless transition from day to night.

Located on the spectacular Yas Island, the track is a shining example of modern Formula One circuit design. Boasting top speeds of 325 km/h and average speeds of 190km/h, it features nine right turns and 12 left turns and is one of the few venues on the calendar to run in an anti-clockwise direction.

Designed by renowned circuit architect Hermann Tilke, Yas Marina has a waterfront setting scenic enough to rival the likes of Monaco and Singapore. And with the track wrapping itself around the island's glamorous marina, there's plenty of mooring space for the paddock's plethora of yachts.

Its distinctive design also boasts several innovative elements including the iconic five-star, 499-room Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi hotel, which straddles the circuit; the 60-metre solar powered Sun Tower, which offers unrivalled views for invited guests; and a pit lane which sees the cars exit via a tunnel passing under the track.

Another world first is that all of the grandstands, including the massive hairpin seating area, are covered to protect spectators from the desert sun, whilst the state-of-the-art pit building boasts 40 air-conditioned garages. Luxuriant comforts and first-rate views are clearly the watchwords for Abu Dhabi race goers.

The track itself was designed with racing in mind. As well as the waterside marina area, there are high-speed sections (including one of the longest straights on the F1 calendar), tight corners for overtaking, and even a twisty street circuit-style sector. Overall, its diverse elements come together to create one of the longest and most demanding tracks in the world, where close and competitive racing is guaranteed.

TV Times

Sky:
XW2piks.png

C4:
BeHgpU7.png

Track Diagram & Information

oq5maqD.png

Weather Forecast

LBddKfA.png

2015 Onboard Lap

http://www.formula1.com/en/video/2015/11/Onboard_pole_position_lap_-_Abu_Dhabi.html

2015 Race Edit

http://www.formula1.com/en/video/2015/12/Race_edit__Abu_Dhabi_'15.html

Tyre Set Selections Per Driver - Abu Dhabi

BPZbom7.jpg

Abu Dhabi Preview Quotes

http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/11/abu-dhabi-preview-quotes.html

WDC Standings

uAfWfgb.png

Constructors' Championship Standings

Omvnf5c.png

Practice 1

EePE56c.png

Practice 2

ioH2Jwo.png

Practice 3

C71vEW5.png

Qualifying

j1r0wfE.png

Race

7VglvVB.png

Last edited:
Associate
First and foremost I hope it's a fair race and not decided by a reliability issue. I would like to see Nico win the title before this amazing dominate era from Mercedes comes to an end. It would be nice to see another father and son F1 World champions entered into history. Maybe the next Father/Son World champions will come from the Schumacher family...

Man of Honour
would love Hammy to win, but i doubt it. ROs only needs to drive around safely.

hopefully HAm does all he can and wins the race, that's all he can do.

Caporegime
Prefer Lewis but I fear it will be steady as you go Nico.

I don't think that's fair tbh. People say he was miles behind in the wet but he did exactly what he needed and has been while biding his time to see if Lewis finished. He has no need to take risks, neither would anyone else going for the first title.

It might be different if they weren't both driving the car that should have won every race this year, but when it's hard for anyone else to get a look in driving it home to 2nd even if it's 5 minutes down the road is the smart thing to do.

I'm still confident as I have been all year that Lewis will take it.

Soldato
Not a big fan of this circuit, although there's normally some spice around the two main braking points.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge Rosberg the title with a safe second or third place. He's done what he had to do to date - even with some really poor contacts and incidents he'd be far from the worst world champion. A pole position and race to the flag would do him the world of good, but I imagine he won't mind a low risk drive to third too.

Just a shame the last race has to be here.

Soldato
I hope Rosberg has an engine failure on the last lap.

I'm for Hamilton leads and Rosberg cruising in second. Rosbers suffers a problem a few laps from the end, ERS maybe, so is slow and gets overtaken and finshes fourth. Preferably with the drop to fourth being in the last 1 or 2 corners so had he actually pushed earlier in the race he would have won the WDC.

My main issue with this scenario is Rosberg wont be on the podium to see Hamilton crowned WDC.

Back
Top Bottom