iPhone 7 OR Samsung S7

Associate
Which is better & why ?

I am thinking to get any one of them but i am a bit confused on both.

Many people, many thoughts, many reviews makes me confused.

Please suggest which one would be best?

Man of Honour
you wont get much fair responses in here, it'll be all android and if its moved to apple forum, it'll be all apple.

Soldato
I successively bought and returned three 7 plus phones due to QA issues before buying an S7 edge. At first I regretted the purchase but I put in some effort to customise the phone the way I wanted. By customise I mean tweak the look and feel and that's without using third party launchers or rooting the phone.

I'm much happier with the phone now, even more so with the nougat beta. On the iphone I miss visual voicemail but that's about it.

Associate
Gemlover, surely this debate depends on whether you prefer Android or IOS? You've probably already invested a bit in one of the app stores. Then there's the size of the handset to consider.
Was.just about to post this. Realistically it's whether or not you prefer Android or iOS.

Hardware and all that, In the real world, is pretty much the same. Apart from minor differences here and there

Soldato
It depends on a lot of things, but I don't think you can say one is conclusively better than the other. The iPhone is more polished, but has fewer features. I'd go and try both of them out and see what you like.

Soldato
Assuming someone coming into the market fresh with no prior investment in either ecosystem:

iPhone: "just works", but its quite a closed system, with restrictions in what you can do (assuming you don't jailbreak it). You'll also pay a premium in "Brand tax", and be tied into the iPhone ecosystem.

Galaxy s7: much more open - no real restrictions on 3rd party apps, however this does come with some downsides; fragmentation, apps may not be optimised properly, some apps may not work on your particular device, and some may have malicious code. The Samsung phones in particular also suffer from "Brand tax", however the benefit of Android is, in 2-3 years when you want to change phone, you're not tied into a particular brand/model

Back
Top Bottom