Migrating To SM961 M.2 from 950 Evo SSD

Associate
I have a 1TB Samsung EVO retail drive and want to switch to M.2 on the Godlike board. I will be getting the 512GB SM961 M.2 drive and would like to know how to Migrate my SSD to the M.2 as ive seen that the Samsung magician software wont allow me to migrate to the OEM M.2 drive .

I have never migrated any drive before nevermind SSD to M.2 lol

so all the help i can get before i got ahead and purchase the SM961 at a good price .

Soldato
Any reason you can't do a clean install, then leave your old drive as is so you can grab data off it, then just quick format the old drive once you're happy there's nothing on it you still need?

Otherwise something like acronis true image?

Associate
OP
Any reason you can't do a clean install, then leave your old drive as is so you can grab data off it, then just quick format the old drive once you're happy there's nothing on it you still need?

Otherwise something like acronis true image?

Yea waiting an age for all the updates and anniversary to download lol and the programs to install as system runs fine as it is . Might have to do a clean instal if I can't migrate as magician software won't work with OEM SM961 or PM961 , would have to get 950/960 evo/pro to use the software . God knows why we can't use magician .

Associate
Thanks will look at this also .

Hey buddy, my new parts/system arrive in a few days and I'll be getting a M.2 SDD also just like yours, sm961 but 256gb (just for my OS)

I too want to migrate my data over to this new m.2 drive. Have you successfully cloned your drive yet? if so how did it go and what did you use :)

Associate
OP
Hey buddy, my new parts/system arrive in a few days and I'll be getting a M.2 SDD also just like yours, sm961 but 256gb (just for my OS)

I too want to migrate my data over to this new m.2 drive. Have you successfully cloned your drive yet? if so how did it go and what did you use :)

Hi buddy .im now thinking if fresh instal as my Bluetooth has vanished from my system but wifi is still there so a fresh install should fix the Bluetooth issue .I have now ordered the retail 960 evo 500gb and got it at a good price but wont be here until next week due to stock

Back
Top Bottom