Who will you be supporting in Formula 1 2017?

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi all,

Happy New Year.

Just wondering who you guys will be supporting in 2017 now that we have some new drivers etc.

I'm undecided at the moment whether to start following a team or one driver like I followed JB but if not then I'll at least be supporting McLaren, so both Alonso and Stoffel... I like Ricciardo as a driver but I'm not that keen on Red Bull and will be good to see how Palmer does.

Who are you going to be following? I know who some of you will be but not most :)

Soldato
Tough one for me now that Button has gone. I suppose it'll still be McLaren, but they're getting harder and harder to like plus I've no particular affiliation to either driver (other than a belief that Stoffel is a fantastic name and Alonso has displayed some comic genius while undergoing the pain of the last two years).

I'll keep half an eye on Stroll, purely because I'm distantly Canadian, but on the track I'll hopefully just be watching some epic battles between Hamilton, Ricciardo and Verstappen. I'd like to see Vettel included in that too but on reflection I think I enjoy his ranting and meltdowns more than his wheel to wheel racing.

Soldato
I'll be supporting whoever is pushing Merc purely because I want to see someone else winning.

Oh and McLaren. Hopefully this rule change will shake things up a bit and they can get a bit closer to the front again.

Associate
Alonso for certain, I would love to see him in a race winner but I will be content to watch him fight for every millisecond the McLaren can deliver.

I've been a Ferrari fan since the mid 90s when Berger and Schumacher drove them, so they will always have my support despite their lack of wins. I'm not a huge fan of the drivers at the minute and find Vettle to be a bit of a diva and not able to get the best from the car car and Kimi doesn't seem to have the killer instinct anymore, but still has flashes of brilliance every so often.

I liked Grosjean when he was in Renault and would love to see him and the HASS team do well this year too. They should hopefully be tidy enough with K-Mag being capable of a few points here and there

Man of Honour
Hamilton. Although it would be nice to see a 3/4 way battle for the title. Hamilton vs Bottas could be a bit rubbish...

No different to Hamilton Rosberg. Depends if Hamilton has his typical reliability.

Would have been awesome to see a new young star in the Merc but I guess they went with the safe option.

I'll be rooting for Ham as usual (someone has to :p) and I'm hoping he finally has a bit of luck.

Soldato
No different to Hamilton Rosberg. Depends if Hamilton has his typical reliability.

Would have been awesome to see a new young star in the Merc but I guess they went with the safe option.

I'll be rooting for Ham as usual (someone has to :p) and I'm hoping he finally has a bit of luck.

I think it could be worse as Bottas wont want to rock the boat in the hope of getting a longer deal with Merc. (That's if he gets a 1 or 2 year as most people seem to think.)

Soldato
I can't say I've supported any driver since Alesi hung up his gloves (and that was because he was bonkers). I did have a soft spot for Barrichello for some reason, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I was a fan.

While I'm patriotic supporting sports that I follow less closely, in F1 the only Brit I've ever actively supported is Mansell, and that was when I was a boy.

Soldato
Will still be supporting Vettel for the new season. Hoping he can get back on form after a lack lustre half of the season and hopefully Ferrari can produce a decent car.

Apart from that interested to see what Ricciardo and Verstappen can do.

Soldato
I'll be watching CH4's coverage again and hoping that the 2017 regulation changes level the playing field for the top teams.

Another bug Verstappen fan here, mainly for his willingness to try his luck at every corner.

Hopefully, Hulkenberg's moved to Renault won't be too painful as I'd like to see him in a competitive car one day.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hamilton and Alonso

Hope that Ferrari/Red Bull can push Merc a bit, but not expecting much

Back
Top Bottom