Power bank for recharging a phone

Man of Honour
Anything by Anker is a pretty safe bet, which model just depends on how many charges you want to get from it before it needs recharging itself.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Aim around 10,000mAh if it's for a handbag and make sure you get something with Quick Charge 3.0 -

Why? S7 Edge only supports QC 2.0.

OP - anything by Anker is a good bet. I've got three (5200mah, 10100mah and 20100mah) and they are all great.

Soldato
OP
Hmm, do any high street retailers sell these for decent value?
As it would appear all the online shipping options generally are refusing to ship to 'norn iron'.
It would appear our history of shipping explody things in the post has made the poor mail service somewhat anxious.

Man of Honour
Have a look at the capacity/weight comparison. I got a 22400mAh one a while back but it is quite bulky / heavy. Can't say I'd want to lug that around in a handbag. Anyway somehow I managed to lose it so had to panic buy a replacement in a shop before Glasto last year; I ended up getting a 9000mAh replacement which is much smaller and more manageable.

edit: for the benefit of the above poster, I got mine in Halfrauds. It was obviously more expensive / less choice than online but wasn't a complete rip off, maybe £15.

Last edited:
Soldato
I grabbed this Anker one, it goes on sale now and again and got it for £26.....

Anker PowerCore 20000 with Quick Charge 3.0, Anker's First Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Portable Charger, Backwards Compatible with All Versions of Qualcomm Quick Charge, For Samsung, iPhone, iPad and more

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01D0WDWL8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

QC 3 is offered on one port, my phone only supports QC 2 but I do appreciate the difference that fast charge offers when using it.

It seems slim enough to carry around and so far it has worked a treat and retains its own charge well.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have a couple of the anker ones and they are brilliant. Charges my iphone much faster than when it is plugged into the mains.

The flip side of this is that my girlfriend now has completely lost the ability to manage her phone battery and then just uses these the whole time. That sounds alright doesn't it?

It would be if she didn't:

Leave it at home the whole time and then complain that her battery is about to die.

Run them both flat so when I want to use one they are inevitably both dead.

Argue with me about "Whats the point of having them if we don't use them" to which I reply, "they are there for when we need to charge our phones on the go and for an emergency not just because you are lazy"

Back
Top Bottom