Best Android Phone for around £250?

Associate
Hey,

I know pretty much nothing about modern phones, i'm currently using a Moto G 2nd gen that's been unable to update for about 9 months due to lack of memory, the battery now lasts less than a day and it keeps randomly locking itself.
It's my birthday on Saturday, hoping to get a new phone but I have no idea what to get, looking for something with a memory card slot, preferably a 5" screen, a good camera and at least 32gb of memory.

Any ideas?

Associate
OP
I'm looking for something that has a good camera, a memory card slot, 32gb internal memory (preferably) and will last me atleast 2 years. My knowledge of modern phones is extremely limited, I use mine mainly for web browsing, music, Amazon and watching videos; it doesn't have enough memory to update itself, nevermind download any apps. Definitely need something small enough to fit in my pocket and able to have a case fitted, I suffer with a type of epilepsy, meaning it's not unknown for my phone to take a knock.

Associate
OP
second hand oneplus 3?

The Oneplus 3 has been highly recommended to me but it doesn't have a memory card slot? My Moto G's 64gb card is completely filled with music, so I definitely can't go without one.

Honor 6X is worth a look, I was really impressed with it.

I can't find much info about it but it looks good, just been released? Can't find anywhere selling it in the UK, know when it's released over here?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the help guys and gals. So i'm looking at the Honour 6X, Moto G 4 Plus and at the other end of the budget, the Moto Z Play. Still no idea what to go for out of these 3, the Moto Z Play will probably last longest and the Honour 6x is best value for money?

Caporegime
oneplus 3t without a doubt. spend the extra. it has 6GB of RAM and is the slickest phone I've seen in action. the fingerprint sensor is also the fastest I've seen in action.

i cannot believe more people aren't talking about it tbh

Soldato
oneplus 3t without a doubt. spend the extra. it has 6GB of RAM and is the slickest phone I've seen in action. the fingerprint sensor is also the fastest I've seen in action.

i cannot believe more people aren't talking about it tbh

3/3t got phone of the year in most of the phone press so definetly people talking about them

but general public... well i think google just proved with the pixel actually selling decent , that you need big flashy adverts and normal press coverage to get them involved.

Soldato
Not the latest, but still rocking it with a brill camera, screen is 2K, swappable battery, upto 128GB microSD, 32GB internal, 3GB RAM and can be had for £249 from Amazon - the LG G3 32GB
Got a Spigen slim fit case and a glass screen protector on mine - dropped it on concrete a couple of times and no damage so far

Soldato
Shame, cause the Huawei Honor 8 was 289 on Amazon last week or so ago. I know it was a little over your budget but that was a bargain price for a lot of phone. :(

The honor 6x (just released) seems a good choice for you maybe. In your price bracket too. The honor range should be updated to android 7 end of this month/February.

Soldato
Shame, cause the Huawei Honor 8 was 289 on Amazon last week or so ago. I know it was a little over your budget but that was a bargain price for a lot of phone. :(

The honor 6x (just released) seems a good choice for you maybe. In your price bracket too. The honor range should be updated to android 7 end of this month/February.

It was back down to £290 in blue yesterday, after a brief spell at £370rrp. I am hoping it might come down to £250 over coming weeks and I'll grab one. Perfect for what I am after, other than price atm.

Back
Top Bottom