whats the Best bang for buck for around £100 for an android

Associate
Hi

Im looking to upgrade from and old iPhone 4s , its a busted and i want to get an android, i don't care about brand as long i can get access to the android store out of the box and it takes the latest version of android. any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Soldato
I think you will struggle to beat the G4 at that price, the Wileyfox Spark just doesn't quite cut it in comparison which would be the other handset I would look at.

Associate
I think that you have to pay for topup unless you can upgrade from an existing EE payg sim that's been active for a while. Dunno if they come unlocked.

Associate
Would recommend the nexus 5. Can be picked up on the rainforest for £100.
Its a little old but well speced.
It also runs on vanilla android so even with its age has the latest version.

Soldato
You have to wonder why people pay the amount they do when a phone is this good for £100

I think that's where we are heading. The improved CPUs, cameras etc are becoming less and less important. They are all good now. Sooner or later, someone will release a £99 phone that makes most other phones very hard to justify.

Man of Honour
I think that's where we are heading. The improved CPUs, cameras etc are becoming less and less important. They are all good now. Sooner or later, someone will release a £99 phone that makes most other phones very hard to justify.

I also reckon that the vast majority of these 'need to have the newest fastest phone now' users don't realise that the higher CPU, GPU and screen displays are for the more serious gamers and I'm not talking Candy Crush. My best mate and his wife will have the S8 when it comes out even though they are not financially sound but all they do is go on Facebook & texting plus the odd photograph.
I have a Note 3 and hopefully it will last a long time. I have no plans to ever upgrade to a higher Note because I don't need the power.

Soldato
I also reckon that the vast majority of these 'need to have the newest fastest phone now' users don't realise that the higher CPU, GPU and screen displays are for the more serious gamers and I'm not talking Candy Crush. My best mate and his wife will have the S8 when it comes out even though they are not financially sound but all they do is go on Facebook & texting plus the odd photograph.
I have a Note 3 and hopefully it will last a long time. I have no plans to ever upgrade to a higher Note because I don't need the power.

So agree with that.

Back
Top Bottom