Advice on a payg sim card please

Associate
Well, im travelling back to the UK for a month in March/April and am looking for a simcard to use while I'm over there. Its my first trip back to the UK in over 10 years and im not sure what the best sim is to get.

Im looking for something primarily with some decent data allowance on it (or at least cheap to top up)

Any suggestions?

Soldato
giff gaff payg sim, then buy a Goodybag for £20 lasts a month , first 6GB of data is 4G

Giff Gaff uses O2 which uses 800Mhz 4G which Australian handsets don't often use by default. Check your handset supports this freq band. Giffgaff 3G should be OK as all Aus providers used 2100Mhz. If you have the need for speed and your handset doesn't support 800mhz every other non-mvmo (so EE, Vodafone or Three) will be compatible with your handset due to the bands they use for 3/4G.

Soldato
Check the internet for reports about 4g speeds in your area for Giff Gaff, they reportedly only get a small proportion of the bandwidth available, I barely got 3g speeds in Brighton so had to move away, apart from that they were great.

Back
Top Bottom