IDNET anyone got experiences?

Soldato
Looking to get out of my plusnet contract as they are so incompetent that I have been without access for 8 days and still no end to the issue.

So came across IDNET which seems to fit all my requirements

- 50/10 line (my VDSL line max out at 58 so no point in 80)
- clocked fault resolution - so far plusnet just kept on fobbing me off after every diagnostic test and i have to wait between 48-72 hours between each and they keep on inventing new faults
- quite competitive pricing/month - the package I was looking at is 45/month
- static IP
- IPV6 (not a biggie for me)

question I want to know is - how good are they in terms of their tech support and how competent they are in resolving the issues raised.

any experiences would help thanks

Associate
I just moved from PlusNet yesterday to IDNet to the 55/10 was a smooth migration no problems so far, but all I need was my login details so I have limited experience with them (1day)

I number of problems with PlusNet when I was just moved to the new LLU Network and it was downhill from that point. (I was forced to use a old BT modem/PlusNet router as my new router would not work on this network). This router was working fine for 18 months before I was switched to the new LLU Network with no warning. I purchase new one to test and found the same problem so I now have a spare.

As I coming up to my contact last month I switch to IDNet, price is OK and cheaper phone calls and I can use my own router now with no issues.

IDnet custom support has been very good over the phone and e-mail replied by next day when I asked them any questions.

I did ask them to e-mail my login details a week before the move just in case my line went down as I was setting up my own router. I entered the login details and setup my DrayTek 2860 router for both IPV4 and IPV6
and waited for the migration day all connected OK. The login details were sent before I moved within a e-mail with other e-mails confirming the move etc.

If your issues are related to your line/exchange then you still may have a problem when moving the line to IDNet. (No guarantee it will be fixed)

You maybe be better off with Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) which do give a guarantee to fix your line within a month and we'll sort your problem or your money back

Cheers

Simon

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks Simon, good to know transfer was easy.

I think you only ever know if the ISP is any good if you run into problems with them. Incidentally, my problem is now sorted by Plusnet after 10 days of down time and it was due to a network migration that somehow didn't fully complete. Although it still shows my account is being transferred but now I can authenticate and get internet. So I don't think it is a hardware issue.

I did check out AA. they are far too expensive for what it is. The pricing scale seems odd, 250gb/month then jumps to 2000GB/month. I really don't know my usage, I suspect some months I will be over the 250GB quite easily. but nevertheless, it is a HUGE premier to pay for what is an insurance policy should things go wrong.

I spoke to ID about the specifics of my problem (I waited a total of 2min to get through to the tech help line). they couldn't comment on the details, but they did say that normally they will run all the tests that they can do to eliminate my hardware issues or anything that they can control, they will escalate to BT openreach and they have the basic 48hr return period to which to rectify the issue. I specifically asked if that meant the problem will be resolved. they said YES as following the tests they do to eliminate anything regarding hardware and account setting then it is only possible that BT is at fault then they will escalate and BT must get it resolved etc.

So that seems to be fair. I need to see if I can get out of my contract otherwise have to wait for the contract to end.

But anyone else got experiences it would be highly appreciated.

Associate
Yes It sound like you had the same problem as I had with the network migration to the new LLU with no warning.

Yes AA are expensive but do have good customer service and highly rated by people, I did hear of new packages from them soon.

Back
Top Bottom