Printing to a wired printer from an Android tablet

Soldato
I've got a customer with a mainly wired network. They also have wireless network access to the same network.
If the same customer had users with Android tablets attached to the network via wireless, I'm assuming there is no reason why they couldn't print to that wired printer?
I am really not familiar with setting up printers under Android. What would be the process in this situation?
The two tablets I'm trying to get working are both running Android 6 if that makes any difference.

Cheers.

Soldato
You might want to look at Google cloud Print. If the printer doesn't support it you can set it up as a legacy device via Google Chrome browser, all you need is Chrome installed and a Google account. The Android tablet will need the Google cloud Print plugin :).

Soldato
Shouldn't be too much difference.

I can print from my phone (wireless printer but it all goes through the network) and it wouldn't make a difference if it was wired in. I don't remember setting anything up, both this phone (Edge 7) and my previous (Note 4) had no issues.
My missus did though (Iphone 5s I think).

Soldato
OP
OK, thanks guys. It was a new one on me. I've been an Android user for many years, but never seen the need to be able to print from it.
They have a Konica BizHub C220. I downloaded the Konica Printer App from Google Play.
Ran it - it took around 8 minutes to search the network, but it found the printer and I was able to print from Gmail and Word, so customer was happy.

Ta

Back
Top Bottom