MobilePhonesDirect.co.uk review/thoughts - cashback

Soldato
Hi all

Just browsing for when my contract runs out in April.

I see a lot of good looking deals on the above-mentioned site which have a clause like the below quoted one, which if you factor in the cashback, makes a £27 monthly deal into effectively an £18 a month one for 8GB data with vodafone. Seems reasonable. But how likely is it that you get the cashback?

Anyone used them? Is the cashback guaranteed providing you submit the claims on time?

Thanks!

See below

Cashback by redemption allows you to claim cash back from the retailer you purchase your deal from in instalments (not in one go) at set points throughout your contract.

See the Mobile Phones Direct website for more information.

Soldato
Not used those guys, but have used mobiles.co.uk and, many years ago, dialaphone. Both paid OK whenever I've submitted a claim, though I had to remind mobiles.co.uk on one occasion

You're fine, as long as they don't go bust. And I suspect they might get into trouble if too many customers are too efficient at actually making claims (they make their money from those who don't)

Soldato
I've used them for 3 contracts and had no issues claiming the cashback. You claim it via a form on their website, attach the bill for that month and they pay the money into your account within a week or so.

I'd use them again without question.

Associate
Just put calendar reminders in for the months the cashback needs to be claimed. A simple online form with pdf bill attached and the cashback is paid a week later.

Soldato
Can't comment on the cashback, but I ordered my Note 7 through MPD last year. From the experience I had, I couldn't fault them - once the Note7 got scrapped they were very accomodating and quite eager to get me another good deal.

A mate from work got his current S7 Edge from them and had absolutely no qualms. He was in a similar situation to me with the Note7 and got a really good deal through them.

They seem to be a decent bunch.

Soldato
OP
Sounds great, thanks! :)

They seem like good value

I'm probably just after something SIM free, unless they have a great deal on the S8 when it is out :D

Soldato
OP
Sounds good overall. Guy at work was saying is it worth the hassle for saving £20 or something over going direct to the providers. But it seems more like a saving of £100 or so, so seems worth it to me.

I think for the actual phone I may go to Vodafone or Amazon and buy outright as you have someone very unlikely to go out of business to go back to with issues (and we all know Amazon customer service is top notch)

But I may still get the contract itself from MPD. I assume you can/do still go to/through the provider directly for any issues you have with billing etc?

Soldato
OP
Now the S8 pricing is out, I am tempted to buy outright and get a sim only plan

Doesn't seem to be many / any details on how you claim this cashback and get it down from a £25 monthly to an effective £5 monthly

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-...y_desc&filter_network_multiselect[0]=vodafone

Will obviously ask them tomorrow direct if I get time as they're not going to be available at this time... but does anyone know in the meantime please? I figured it would be clearly written somewhere on the site but I can't spot it

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom