*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Don't see why you would be struggling on act 1 with that build. I'm using pretty much the same, but with crippling wave as my spirit generator, resolve instead of one with everything and hosting strike instead of blinding flash. But that's really only play style differences & bad gear making one with everything useless for me

Soldato
I see no fun in this game at the moment. My DH is in Inferno 3/4 the way through Act 2.

Dying constantly. Just seems like terrible design for Inferno, incredibly frustrating.

My gear is decent, mobs coming out of no where and 1 shotting me are the issue at hand.

Soldato
I see no fun in this game at the moment. My DH is in Inferno 3/4 the way through Act 2.

Dying constantly. Just seems like terrible design for Inferno, incredibly frustrating.

My gear is decent, mobs coming out of no where and 1 shotting me are the issue at hand.

Act II is just lame thats the trouble.

That ridiculous Smoke Screen type skill the Serpents have is so irritating. They go invisible for ages, completely unhittable and don't even trigger floor based traps then appear next to you and hit you before you can even react. Its even better when you don't see them go invisible first off so you aren't even aware they're closing in.
Other than the serpents there aren't too many problems (once you're through the waterways since there is no space to kite elites/champs). The only other area that gave me trouble was the shadow realm because of those damn ghosts. I came across 1 Champ pack and 1 Elite pack of them while I was inside, took me almost 10 deaths to finally get them out of the way and even then I came across a minion so had to leg it to the end before the elite caught up to me and instagibbed me with that undodgeable siphon attack.

I actually enjoyed some of the enemies like the lacuni and wasps. Aside from the odd time when the lacuni would suddenly leap at me from off the bottom of the screen and suddenly be on top of me it was great fun having to run around mobs in a direction other than backwards.

Soldato
I'm in Vault of the assassin trying to get Kulle's blood. It's impossible!

What you getting killed by? I think I might have had 1 really nasty elite in there that I had to leave in a corner and die.

If all else fails, you don't mind losing NV and you think you're near the end, switch to Smoke Screen, Vault, Prep, Perfectionist, Tactical Advantage and the 'move speed on full hatred' passive and just run past everything.

Soldato
30 second res time. Oh yeah I love this.

Just everything... I got the first lot of blood, now I'm outside in the sands, no room to kite at all because the map is unexplored. Just get jumped on by everything and anything

Soldato
Soldato

You should check out the 1.0.3 patch notes, they are balancing Inferno as well as the item drop rates across the board.

Associate
Mortar can get ****** aswell. Seriously who is in charge of mob design? They need firing out of a ******* cannon!

lmao, the only reason you should be dying to mortar is if they also have jailer and sometimes waller depending on what part of the map you're on.

Soldato
Mortar can get ****** aswell. Seriously who is in charge of mob design? They need firing out of a ******* cannon!

Have you seen Lava/Plague/Desecrator with Vampiric? ;) Or even Mortar/Arcane w/ Vampiric? ;)

Whoever is in charge of mob design should have that cannon aimed point blank at a brick wall. :D

Associate
Have you seen Lava/Plague/Desecrator with Vampiric? ;) Or even Mortar/Arcane w/ Vampiric? ;)

Whoever is in charge of mob design should have that cannon aimed point blank at a brick wall. :D

Or into an hostile MMA ring where they have similar buffs to in-game counterparts lol. :)

Soldato
30 second res time. Oh yeah I love this.

Just everything... I got the first lot of blood, now I'm outside in the sands, no room to kite at all because the map is unexplored. Just get jumped on by everything and anything

If you're constantly dying to regular mobs in a wide open area then the problem isn't the difficulty.

Either you aren't paying enough attention (baring the odd stupid serpent that you don't even see go invisible) and you keep getting killed because of your own mistakes or your dps really isn't up to scratch. The Fallen Master/Overlords/whatevertheycallthemselves have quite a chunk of hp, the Serpents aren't too bad and the Dune Dervish are pretty slow and everything else has quite low hp.

Associate
Decided to build to whimmyshire staff, got all the pieces first time accept the recipe of izual, took a couple of tries.

It's pretty funny in there! Cant afford to upgrade it to inferno yet, is it worth doing so? Can you get good loot in there?

I remember reading that loot from any act can drop in there, but I can't remember about the chances itself of loot dropping, didn't get much when I went there myself. Then again I didnt use magic find. :)

Soldato
They've messed up the loot drops totally. In the first area of Diablo 2 I had set items and legendary items show up(even though they werent that great). Here 90 percent of the time the items are useless. And why even have the white items if there not even worth any money, their just wasting processor cycles.

They really dont want you to play because of item drops, but then that was the whole point of Diablo 2.

Soldato
If good loot dropped a lot then there would be to many of them, and then the good loot wouldn't be worth any money because the AH would be over saturated with them. Blizzard made it like this so they can make money off the real money AH, and yes it is a **** design, but how would the real money AH work if it wasn't like this?

Last edited:
Associate
I tried act 2 today for the first time.I will not do that again,it is a joke.And I also spent 1 million for gear,,upped my resistances to ~500,dps to 15k and 25k hp and elites where destroying me.

Need a new wep for my monk,my current one is at 570 dps only,but has 170 dex and 17 attack speed which is nice.I would like life on hit but they are really expensive.Got around 2.5 mil to spend,how much you think I should give for a decent wep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom