Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Underboss
I can remember when the Humble Bundle included BF3, noobs everywhere made me look good.

I got banned from a server, they had noobs everywhere. I was 26-0. bloody BADmins!

Anyone know what the =U= rock servers are like in the states, they all show a ping for me of around 120? Playable?

Caporegime
Oh goody! Me love newbies! :D

More newbies = more hackusations & RAGE!

edit:

personally I can't play with a ping higher than 100 Josh! SO I would say no! :p

Underboss
I just want lvlcap/matimio's tags!

Sigh another server ban. English UR server, shocking admin, kicked me for playing in the AA. Meh I know how Nexus feels now - nobody likes us OcUK lot!

Man of Honour
Good - the AA breaks the game too much in many cases :|

The "netcode" is truly hilarious in this game - had a hit on a jet with a tank shell earlier - the shell was clearly atleast 3 plane lengths ahead of the jet when it went past the jet but about 1-2 second later got the kill for it :S (I suspect what happened was the server didn't see me as firing until around 1500ms later than I had (despite my pretty much constant <20ms ping) at which point the shell was lined up with the jet).

Last edited:
Underboss
The "netcode" is truly hilarious in this game - had a hit on a jet with a tank shell earlier - the shell was clearly atleast 3 plane lengths ahead of the jet when it went past the jet but about 1-2 second later got the kill for it :S (I suspect what happened was the server didn't see me as firing until around 1500ms later than I had (despite my pretty much constant <20ms ping) at which point the shell was lined up with the jet).

This happens to Nexus and myself on a nightly basis, I even featured it in one of my vids, shell obviously hit the rear section on a Z11, nothing not even smoke! Made up for it by hitting it full on but still very annoying.

Caporegime
Some many poor n00bs got a nice introduction to BF3 farming simulator

:D

I can't wait to see the chatbox over the next few days! I think we might put a lot of these newbies of BF for good :( :p

Hopefully these newbies get in the helis and fly nice and low :D

Sigh another server ban. English UR server, shocking admin, kicked me for playing in the AA. Meh I know how Nexus feels now - nobody likes us OcUK lot!

TOO STRONK! BAN HIM!!!

Thankfully you still keep all the unlocks etc. But still damn annoying if you are having a really good fun round.

Good - the AA breaks the game too much in many cases :|

TBH, the only thing that needs to be done with regards to the AA is remove the activ missiles or nerf them big time.

IMO everything else about the AA is fine, if a jet/heli can take tanks etc. out in one pass by then the AA should be able to do the same too.

And yup as josh more or less said above, netcode is terrible for tank shells, rpgs etc. against aircraft, most of my "hits" from tank shells don't actually hit the aircraft but to the side of him or just behind them (invisible hit box lagging behind), funny thing is, most of the direct hits on helis don't reg......... I hate that wee black puff of smoke! :mad: Just think you are about to get an epic shot and nope = DENIED!

Same happens with TV missiles too and since they take forever to reload now, I don't even bother with TV missiling helis any more :(

Been a problem since BC 2 so doubt it will ever be fixed :(

Underboss
:D

And yup as josh more or less said above, netcode is terrible for tank shells, rpgs etc. against aircraft, most of my "hits" from tank shells don't actually hit the aircraft but to the side of him or just behind them (invisible hit box lagging behind), funny thing is, most of the direct hits on helis don't reg......... I hate that wee black puff of smoke! :mad: Just think you are about to get an epic shot and nope = DENIED!

Funnily enough I'm doing another montage, your heli kills from the xmas eve Nexus and there is a cracking hitreg clip!

Be up in about 5mins, I'll hot-link it here!

Last edited:
Underboss
Latest Video Montage - everyone loves a montage!

Presenting you the Nexus Montage, some clips from Christmas Eve gunning for Nexus!

Decent hitreg or lack thereof clip towards the end.

Enjoy

Man of Honour
TBH, the only thing that needs to be done with regards to the AA is remove the activ missiles or nerf them big time.

IMO everything else about the AA is fine, if a jet/heli can take tanks etc. out in one pass by then the AA should be able to do the same too.

Well this is all strictly my opinion and only from casual observation while playing but from what I've seen with the high rate of fire and controlled spread on the AA's cannon even a low skilled player can just keep applying damage on helis from right across the map well outside the engagement range of the heli and with very little trouble with regard to tracking - on open maps without lots of buildings to hide behind it seems entirely broken to me - they need to slightly back off the rate of fire and increase the spread a lot beyond medium range.

Soldato
As much as I see the value in having tanks on the Battlefield, last night was just stupid in my opinion.

In my opinion the tanks should be the ones securing the flags, not sitting on the edge of the map racking up the kills. Last night there were 5 people in the squad all of whom were pretty much doing their own thing and not following the squad orders. The point of Battlefield is to go around capturing the flags to a point where you hold the majority therefore initiating the ticket bleed. This bleed will lower the opposition tickets much quicker than killing infantry from the tank on the side of the map.

I just feel like all these tank players are going for the easy kills to make themselves feel better rather than actually playing as part of a wider team.

Man of Honour
Thats one thing I don't like about conquest - the gameplay doesn't really encourage people just to hold enough flags to get the higher ticket bleed and often its pretty boring at that point with nothing left to push forward for - especially if the other team just sits back and camps when they are losing. Ideally it should have some kind of better visual guage of the ticket bleed rate so you could see when it was at optimal and encourage the other team to push forward when they are below optimal and so on.

Underboss
I just feel like all these tank players are going for the easy kills to make themselves feel better rather than actually playing as part of a wider team.

Tanks won't last 5mins capping flags without infantry support though and even with a good squad protecting the tank they will still get blown up.

They are far better utilised in support of infantry from an over-watch position where they have the option of cover and various routes to evade.

IMO anyway. I can see you not agreeing with this wndsr, n00b! Lol

Soldato
Tanks won't last 5mins capping flags without infantry support though and even with a good squad protecting the tank they will still get blown up.

They are far better utilised in support of infantry from an over-watch position where they have the option of cover and various routes to evade.

IMO anyway. I can see you not agreeing with this wndsr, n00b! Lol

So let's be specific then - where two of our tanks were situated last night on Zavod provides absolutely no benefit to our team capturing the flags at all - the tanks were there simply to pick off people from the opposition team who were making a run for our flags.

They could have been better utilised by getting up closer to the flags and supporting the infantry on the ground.

As you said, tanks wouldn't last two minutes, but so what? That's the risk you take. I'd rather a tank move towards a flag and help capture it, taking out a few people before being blown up than just sit on the outside of the map racking up 30 kills and 0 deaths but contributing nothing towards the actual flag capturing.

You know I hate vehicles with a passion and it's for this reason - because people use them to get a high KD ratio and playing it safe on the absolute edge of the map rather than doing something beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom