• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 460 run on a 350 w Dell I5 machine?

Don
Should be fine - most Dell and HP psus are normally from a good quality oem.

I assume this is for a standard tower style PC, not a Small Form factor model, as they can have wattage limitations on what the PCI-E slot will support

Soldato
Hmm not sure about Dells having good PSUs. We have quite a few Dell i5 PCs at work and the PSUs are always blowing. I wouldn't risk it TBH.

Also Dells are not standard ATX, the cases and motherboards are backwards. A normal PSU might not fit (and the GPU fan will be pointing upwards and be a dust magnet, which is annoying) :/

Last edited:
Soldato
It depends on the Dell - the ones I seen do tend to use FSP or Delta PSUs,which are not bad,but I would check the PSU first??

What model number is the PC??

You might need to consider with older PCs an RX460 or GTX1050 might have compatability issues with the motherboard too.

Soldato
Also Dells are not standard ATX, the cases and motherboards are backwards.

They mostly are fully compliant with the usual standards now and have been for ages.

OP, how old is the PC? Some of the older Dell motherboards won't take a 460, 470 and so on as they require UEFI (but likely will take a 1050, 1060 etc).

Back
Top Bottom