• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Not impressed with the "magical" Nvidia drivers so far. Multiple crashes on BF4, never had one with my XF7970's. The card has been running fine but since I've installed the more recent drivers it's been terrible. I may have to try rolling right back. Anyone else got issues with BF4?

Soldato
Had a driver crash yesterday, First in 6 months?? seems they had downloaded GFE 3 ready for update..... Given I am running 2.11.4.0 and I have disabled the ability to update, I was a little surprised.. Anyway disabled once again to stop all that forced update shenanigans to GFE 3 and happy with my old skool 368.81 and GFE 2 for shadow play once again.......

Soldato
Does anyone (by chance) remember which driver version completely borked GSync?

I stupidly updated to the latest driver, even though I have no new games and have 680s, and can't remember which driver I was on.

Soldato
im back on 373.06 , after they released new gforce experience on new drivers colors don't load or load sometimes . anyway install new drivers without new geforce experience as if i don't tick to install new experiense it installs anyway :confused:

Associate
Do I remember a rumour going around about nVidia borking 900 series cards with a certain driver release going forward? Was this ever confirmed? If so, please can someone recommend the last good driver release for performance on 9XX cards?

Soldato
Do I remember a rumour going around about nVidia borking 900 series cards with a certain driver release going forward? Was this ever confirmed? If so, please can someone recommend the last good driver release for performance on 9XX cards?

No borking. There was one driver that borked the 780's when the Witcher 3 came out and people where claiming they where gimping Game Works on those cards to get everyone to upgrade.

It wasn't true. I have a 970 and am running the latest current drivers which are running flawlessly.

I would say always use the latest driver unless you have a VERY SPECIFIC reason not too.

Soldato

Just rumors by people who couldn't afford to upgrade.

If you get the latest driver and benchmark any 900 series GPU now against the numbers in the original reviews the numbers will either be the same or slightly better with the newest driver.

Back
Top Bottom