Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Associate
Doesn't matter, a lot of us aren't. I'm okay but once my ping sky rockets (happens regularly) it's all down to guessing where the heads actually are. :D

Main point of it is to get away from the seriousness of MM/ESEA and have a good time. :)

Associate
Just managed to connect, I'm not great (only had the game just over a week), but will be up for this.

Cant commit to this Friday yet, may be working.

Soldato
Doesn't matter, a lot of us aren't. I'm okay but once my ping sky rockets (happens regularly) it's all down to guessing where the heads actually are. :D

Main point of it is to get away from the seriousness of MM/ESEA and have a good time. :)

That would be good. I've given up on MM, too unreliable, too many wasted games.

I was never able to get onto the server here, it always said 'bad password' to me.

Associate
OP
New IP seems to do it. Rather weird if the old IP works for some but not others :confused:.

I think that's due the profiles on the server, the current profile is set to the 128 tick server, if its switched to a 64 tick the IP must change. Something I didn't notice before.

Associate
I've been playing this quite a bit lately but only on casual game mode.
I seem to have a few decent games then a few where I can't kill the enemy...I unloaded on someone yesterday that walked past me (I was behind the crate exiting tunnels to long) so I shot him in the back (ha) with the MP7 and he just turns around, pulls out a pistol and bang I'm dead.
Now I'm not saying he was cheating but....okay I am...."he was cheating"

I'm up for a session but I can't commit usually, also I don't have a mic...is that a big problem?

Associate
OP
I'm up for a session but I can't commit usually, also I don't have a mic...is that a big problem?

Not a big problem for messing about, however if you want to progress in this and move up the ranks a mic is essential. So much of CS is about communication, more so than most FPS's due to the nature of the game. I would highly recommend picking up a cheap mic.

Associate
I agree with Keeno. It'll be fine for the server but a mic is crucial for comms, even if it's just banter on a Friday night!

I'd try and avoid going too cheap as if it sounds crap and staticy it can be very distracting. Also you're best off using headphones if you don't already, it's better for game play in general and if you use a mic it helps avoid sending your sound back at others.

Soldato
headphones and mic - essential stuff. Nothing more frustrating when playing if someone is mute for the whole game and no information. More information the better in this game.

Soldato
New sound update. My goodness it's horrible.

It's supposed to improve directional sound but it sounds worse to me. Horrible horrible update.

Soldato
Having an issue with CS:GO at the moment, haven't played in a while and just picked it back up again.

Getting low fps (about 30), I can fix it by turning AA off and then back on again and it jumps back up to 150-200fps until the next time I re-enter the game.

Windows 10
i5-3750k @ 4.3
GTX 970 (stock currently)
16GB RAM.

Any ideas? It's not fun having to change the settings every time.

Associate
Having an issue with CS:GO at the moment, haven't played in a while and just picked it back up again.

Getting low fps (about 30), I can fix it by turning AA off and then back on again and it jumps back up to 150-200fps until the next time I re-enter the game.

Windows 10
i5-3750k @ 4.3
GTX 970 (stock currently)
16GB RAM.

Any ideas? It's not fun having to change the settings every time.

Yeah i get this on the main menu when I 1st load up the game, I think its the same thing. I just alt tab out of the game and then tab back in and its fixed.

Soldato
Is that by going to headphones in the settings opposed to headphones with hrt?

I did that but it didn't seem to work.

yeah - that's what I did - changed to just headphones and it worked right away. Instead of the AWFUL headphones with HRT or what ever it was called.

Back
Top Bottom