• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2/4 GTX 1080's not recognised

Associate
Hello,

I have 4 GTX 1080's installed on an Asus Z10PE-D8 WS motherboard.
configured currently with one xeon and 8GB of Ram.

(another xeon to follow after more ECC RAM has arrived)

I currently only have 2/4 cards showing in Windows 10, there is an SLI block on them.

All of the cards are water cooled with a terminal over them. So stripping it down to one card at a time is something I really want to avoid.

Any ideas how I can find out which cards are defected or any silly settings in the BIOS that i might be missing.

Thanks in advance.

*Ignore my signature, that is not the rig I'm talking about* :)

Associate
If you look at your manual, PCI-E Slots 1-4 are provided from CPU1 while 5-7 are provided from CPU2. You won't get those cards working without your second Xeon installed.

Associate
OP
haha, omg. Thank you very much. I shall await for the ECC RAM, install the second processor and fingers crossed it should work. Cheers guys.

Associate
What a waste, 2x Titan XP would perform better and cost less, and be much better supported.

And communication over the PCIe bus between the cards will need to go via QPI between the CPUs and therefore be horrible.

If this rig is for gaming.....

Soldato
What a waste, 2x Titan XP would perform better and cost less, and be much better supported.

And communication over the PCIe bus between the cards will need to go via QPI between the CPUs and therefore be horrible.

If this rig is for gaming.....

Cost less.... 1080 can be picked for £540 if you know what to use or £470 excl VAT

Associate
You shouldn't bother with 4 way SLI in 10 series cards since in most games (if that is what it's for) it won't use all the cards and some games won't run at all (most likely two of the cards will be doing nothing no matter what is being done).

There are videos on youtube form the likes of Jayztwocents who have tested gaming in more then two way SLI and it hasn't ended well.

Back
Top Bottom