Dark Souls 3

Soldato
https://store.darksouls3.com/uk#/cart - lowest price

New trailer revealed at E3.

Platforms confirmed: Xbox One, Ps4 & PC

Not much info at the minute but I noticed this when looking around for the date E3 2015 began.

Namco will announce Dark Souls 3 at E3, a source familiar with the matter has told VG247.

In news guaranteed to delight fans of the series, Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne director Hidetaka Miyazaki is again heading the team.

Miyazaki, the father of the Souls series, moved onto a supervisory role for Dark Souls 2. Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura co-directed the sequel.

The platform to be used for the announcement is as yet unknown, but our source guessed the title may come during Sony’s E3 press conference on the Californian evening of Monday, June 15.

We received no specific details of the game itself.

Dark Souls 2 settled two points higher on Metacritic than the original, but some fans and reviewers disparaged the sequel over the fairness of its approach to Souls’ trademark ultra-hard difficulty level.

Series-watchers may be shocked at the announcement’s timing: Sony dev boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed in late May that Bloodborne is to be expanded, and that more details will be announced “later this year”.

E3 takes place in Los Angeles on the week commencing June 15. We’ve reached out to Namco for comment.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/02/source-miyazakis-dark-souls-3-ready-for-e3-announcement/

HYPED :eek: :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
The funny thing is I don't play these titles, but I do like to watch others play them on youtube / twitch, & also discuss various aspects about them. So...I am looking forward to the next in the series. :D :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have never played a Souls game, I just know I would get my arse kicked and get frustrated with it. I might try 3 though when its released just to see if I can get into it.

I loved Demon/Dark Souls, but this post literally has no credible source, feel quite "click-bait-y".

Plus is still let down after DS2, even though it was good enough I guess.

...and it feels too soon. This is the fifth "souls-like" game now (if counting Bloodborne), worried they're gonna start milkin' it.

We shall see soon enough though.

Soldato
I don't know how to feel about this. I loved Demons, I loved DS1 even more, and although I enjoyed DS2 it didnt have the same 'feel', and left disappointed. Bloodborne was a great move away from the theme, but within the same mechanic.

So if a sequel is true.....I would prefer one away from the DS theme.

Associate
For a start it should be current-gen only, no 360/ps3 ports.But money talks.

Its always going to be the same mechanic, its dark souls but hopefully they can provide a bit more variety to the gameplay.

It cant fail with Miyazaki at the helm, whatever they do.It will be an improvement over DS2/SOTFS.

As good as Bloodborne is, the 30fps - is a drag.

Soldato
Good news on DS3.

Regarding the original Dark Souls game i think people would be surprised just how good it can look with mods.

I played it fairly recently after dismissing Dark Souls as one of those games that was hard for the sakes of being hard. Little did i know there was much to it than that, the area design and atmosphere are some of the best I've ever seen. The story is great, the boss encounters are spectacular. It seems pretty well balanced as most items are viable and no one playthrough is the same.

I wouldn't let the default vanilla graphic settings put you off. I do understand that these sorts of games aren't for everyone, but i still think everyone should at least give it a shot before dismissing it.

Dark Souls 2, I couldn't get into. Perhaps two back to back Dark Souls games are too much in such a short amount of time. Will have to go back and give it another go.

Soldato
PC release will happen Namco made far too much money from DS1+2 on PC DS1 alone sold around 1m copies in 2012 alone!

Only way it will not come to PC is if Sony sign a PS4 only exclusive deal (which is unlikely it would cost them too much money). MS could not afford to make the next Tomb Raider game anything more than a timed exclusive I doubt Sony wil do the same its simply not worth the amount of money it would cost them versus how many extra sales they would make ( a few % at best).

Associate
Dark Souls is multi-platform.Demon souls/bloodborne are playstation exclusives.

Agree with you it is unlikely they would not release a pc port.

But just like DS2, the pc port might be realesed a month after the xbox1/ps4.

Associate
I know I'm in a minority but I really hate these games and can't understand why all the high and even perfect scores they keep on getting. The game mechanics are shoddy at best, the combat feels clumsy and the controls are clunky as hell.

Dark Souls 2 was a new low and Bloodborne hardly felt any better. Sure it looked a little nicer but it felt much the same for the most part, had the dreadful loading times (now slightly improved), laughable camera issues and horrendous frame rate problems which seemed to come all too often and especially right before a perfectly timed move was necessary making it more frustrating than it needed to be.

Funny thing is despite those issues being mentioned in Edge's review of the game they still proceeded to score it 10/10. Each one of the issues I pointed out is worth a point deducted on its own and the game is not that good that it more than makes up for those shortcomings. I mean the story (much like the Souls games) is virtually non-existent.

Okay, rant over and needless to say I will be ignoring any further Souls games. I love a challenge but I also like decent game mechanics. Right, feel free to hurl insults as I know how popular these games are. :p

Soldato
They're not for everybody, no insults needed as I am sure there are many games I hate that others think are the best thing since sliced bread :)

Back
Top Bottom