Mafia 3

Permabanned
2K's UK twitter account has just announced the announcement of Mafia 3. The announcement will take place next week, on August 5. Of course, some would argue that the announcement of the announcement of Mafia 3 was, if you think about it, inherently an announcement of Mafia 3. Those people clearly don't know how announcements work.

https://twitter.com/2K_UK/status/625999110357786624

GV5zjmx.jpg

Trailer 5th August 2015

It’s 1968 and the rules have changed. After years in Vietnam, Lincoln Clay knows this truth: Family isn’t who you’re born with, it’s who you die for. Watch the Mafia III worldwide reveal trailer now!

Member Recommended SweetFX Profiles

1. https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6220/

2. https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6205/

PATCH 1.01 READY FOR DOWNLOAD
UPDATE [10/8 / 3PM PT]: PC players, reboot Mafia III because patch 1.01 is now available for download. This patch includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options on PC. To select your framerate, just head to the display menu in-game. Just make sure to tailor the framerate settings to the power of your machine. This patch also includes improvements to keyboard remapping, so head to the controls menu to check out the options. Note: this patch resets keyboard mapping to default, so any changes you made to the controls previously will need to be customized after installing the patch.

We aren’t done with fixes and updates and will continue to listen to our community for ways to improve your experience in New Bordeaux. And check here to see what content updates we have in the works, including outfit swapping, races, and more.
https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/

Last edited:
Soldato
Hoping its set in the UK as while nice the american version of mafia stuff is i think its about time we have a good UK based one. I remember there was a popular british ganster game on the ps2 years back but it wasnt on PC so i didnt play it. Would be nice to drive around the uk in a game for a change.

Few predictions tho might be rubbish. They might have a npc buddie system where u can have up to 3/4 mafia henchmen with u for missions. A women is in the pic i believe so maybe we will have more women in the game being in the mafia this time around. More rural areas than just city i hope like in mafia 1 but not 2 iirc, due to the pic being out in the wild somewhere it looks like. Cars look more modern so maybe 70/80s era? Clothes that the ppl wear dont seem to be suits and hats which also makes me think its set more modern than the previous titles. Reveal is in Aug so a release could be as little as xmas but im thinking next march or around 6 months ish after reveal?

I hope theres a good bridge where u can maybe execute ppl mafia style by cementing their feet and throwing them in the river. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Enjoyed 2 a lot but hope they have a bit of a better approach to their customers this time - it was quite hard to break out of the main story line and just explore, etc. in any meaningful way and it was done purposefully due to an attitude that the players should be paying via DLC, etc. for every moment they experienced in the game. Haven't forgotten the massive rant against people "stealing" who might have got a bit more out of the demo than they were supposed to with the timelimit either.

Soldato
The Getaway I think.

Yeah it was the getaway, I loved that game had a great cop story to it ...

reaction-popcorn-this-gonna-be-good-x5rqM6KWJ07sc

Soldato
I'm surprised they haven't tried remaking a game like The Getaway again, was great driving around London.

If I remember wasn't the map an actual copy of London to some degree?

Soldato
Hoping its set in the UK as while nice the american version of mafia stuff is i think its about time we have a good UK based one. I remember there was a popular british ganster game on the ps2 years back but it wasnt on PC so i didnt play it. Would be nice to drive around the uk in a game for a change.

Few predictions tho might be rubbish. They might have a npc buddie system where u can have up to 3/4 mafia henchmen with u for missions. A women is in the pic i believe so maybe we will have more women in the game being in the mafia this time around. More rural areas than just city i hope like in mafia 1 but not 2 iirc, due to the pic being out in the wild somewhere it looks like. Cars look more modern so maybe 70/80s era? Clothes that the ppl wear dont seem to be suits and hats which also makes me think its set more modern than the previous titles. Reveal is in Aug so a release could be as little as xmas but im thinking next march or around 6 months ish after reveal?

I hope theres a good bridge where u can maybe execute ppl mafia style by cementing their feet and throwing them in the river. :D

It isn't going to be set in the UK, as to my knowledge, despite there being plenty of organised crime in the UK, the Cosa Nostra hasn't actively ever operated in the UK. So to set a storyline in the UK wouldn't really fit. IMO.

Soldato
It isn't going to be set in the UK, as to my knowledge, despite there being plenty of organised crime in the UK, the Cosa Nostra hasn't actively ever operated in the UK. So to set a storyline in the UK wouldn't really fit. IMO.

Mafia is just a general name for organized crime tho aint it so could be any country and any kinda mafia type. Or am i wrong and the word "mafia" is specific to a certain group?

Soldato
Mafia is just a general name for organized crime tho aint it so could be any country and any kinda mafia type. Or am i wrong and the word "mafia" is specific to a certain group?

It can be, and is often used as a catch-all term for an organised crime group. But usually with a qualifer, such as Russian mafia. The term mafia on its own is synonymous with the American and Sicillian mafia's so it would be a massive shock if the game wasn't set in and around those groups.

Back
Top Bottom