*** Official WATCH_DOGS 2 ***

Soldato
I'll believe it when I see the final game. The first one looked incredible when they showed it off at E3 2012, yet the end result was, in my opinion, a pile of steaming garbage. Not just graphically either. It was an incredibly boring game to play featuring some of the least-likeable characters I've ever encountered. At least they seem to have ditched them.

Soldato
Sadly I hold no hopes at all for this one :(.

I fear it's just going to be another amazing set of photos/videos followed by the mother of all downgrades before release.

Soldato
Watchdogs 1 pre-nerf looked better, and the screens look slightly better than GTA 5, so I don't think they are bullshots. Maybe Ubisoft has learnt their lesson.

Soldato
Looks like GTA San Andreas with hacking.

I predict a downgrade, I predict a flop.

Do we know what engine the game is built on? I believe WDs was the Disrupt engine and The Division was Snowdrop.

EDIT: There's lots of gameplay videos of WD2 on YouTube.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'll believe it when I see the final game. The first one looked incredible when they showed it off at E3 2012, yet the end result was, in my opinion, a pile of steaming garbage. Not just graphically either. It was an incredibly boring game to play featuring some of the least-likeable characters I've ever encountered. At least they seem to have ditched them.

Aye, was cack. Thanks but no thanks to this one.

Caporegime
Remember that popular Assassins Creed franchise? The first game in that series was disappointing as well. Assassins Creed II fixed most of the issues.

Ubisoft aren't stupid. They won't repeat the same mistakes of the first game.

Interest peaked

Soldato
Will be waiting for a few weeks after release as per usual. Find it funny how many people slam Ubisoft even though they keep releasing absolute belters.

Some people hold grudges and are worse off for it.

Do hope this isn't as controversial as the first one and that Ubisoft continue their pattern of having learnt their lesson and not downgrading ect.

Soldato
Looks like they've taken AC traversal, division real word locale and implemented a hacking system...that's not a bad combination. I don't think the first game was bad in its own right just a complete disappointment compared to what we were shown.

Interest peaked but will wait for more info/gameplay and eventually reviews. I enjoyed R6 Siege (until hackers spoiled it) and whilst I didn't purchase the division (played alpha and beta), friends have got their moneys worth so Ubisoft have improved over the last year or so.

Back
Top Bottom