• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Readies Massive Radeon Software Update with Crimson Relive Drivers – Performance Increases For R

Caporegime
AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Going To Be A Massive Update For Red Team – Launching on 8th December

The new Crimson Relive Edition update brings a number of new features and enhancements to a wide range of AMD Radeon GPU and APU products. The latest update is a accumulation of all Radeon Software Crimson releases into one package, offering a dramatic increase in performance through software optimization. AMD RTG has done a great job with the new Crimson drivers and their dedication to support their customers with excellent drivers for their products has really shown off.

Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-NDA-Only-Confidential-v4-page-008-copy-840x473.jpg

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-software-crimson-relive-driver-leak/

Man of Honour
One of the more interesting features listed there is the enhancements to supporting non-exclusive fullscreen modes with FreeSync.

Man of Honour
Not sure the performance increases are going to be as big as some people might think at first glance though - seems to be measured against the initial release before the fix that gave around 5% uplift alone - so around 2-4% increases for people already on recent drivers.

Associate
Yes.. the freesync is the bit i'm most hyped about! performance i won't complain about, it's already good enough for me.. but i much prefer running things in windowed borderless.

Caporegime
Yes.. the freesync is the bit i'm most hyped about! performance i won't complain about, it's already good enough for me.. but i much prefer running things in windowed borderless.

Why?

Generally performance is always far better in fullscreen mode.

Man of Honour
Why?

Generally performance is always far better in fullscreen mode.

Usually faster/better compatibility when alt-tabbing and using other programs especially if you are say playing MMOs and using additional statistic programs, maps/guides and the likes.

Caporegime
Usually faster/better compatibility when alt-tabbing and using other programs especially if you are say playing MMOs and using additional statistic programs, maps/guides and the likes.

I alt tab out all the time when gaming and yes borderless is more "smooth" for that but fullscreen works perfectly fine too, still takes less than a second to alt tab out and browse the web and less than a second to get back into game.

If people are seriously into their MMO's or multi-tasking, I imagine that they would have a dual monitor setup for such things.

Associate
i find games crash more when alt-tabbing without windowed borderless.. also it's a nice way of doing something in between rounds on online games. Just tab out but keep an eye on the games window in the background.

Man of Honour
I alt tab out all the time when gaming and yes borderless is more "smooth" for that but fullscreen works perfectly fine too, still takes less than a second to alt tab out and browse the web and less than a second to get back into game.

If people are seriously into their MMO's or multi-tasking, I imagine that they would have a dual monitor setup for such things.

I've rarely had problems with it myself - but some people find games crash, etc. or it takes quite awhile :S

Caporegime
Can't say that I have had any crashes when alt-tabbing (8GB RAM, page file at default windows settings with SSD's for my main OS + gaming drives)

And generally I can tell when something has loaded with the change in music/sound :p

There was one game that benefited massively with borderless mode and FPS/smoothness though and that was the witcher 3, PC gamer even did an article on it, this has probably been fixed now though...

Back
Top Bottom