The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Associate
Anyone here having problems with steam overlay not working? It's always worked fine for me until a few months before the end of last year.

I run the bf4.exe from steam, mantle, Windows 10, latest crimson drivers, tried also launching origin.exe from steam and disabling origin overlay with no difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

Soldato
Anyone here having problems with steam overlay not working? It's always worked fine for me until a few months before the end of last year.

I run the bf4.exe from steam, mantle, Windows 10, latest crimson drivers, tried also launching origin.exe from steam and disabling origin overlay with no difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

Try in DX mode, not sure if it will work with mantle.

Soldato
I try and avoid running origin in the background let alone the steam overlay. In the past there have been multiple games which seem to crash when either origin is allowed to run in the background or with the steam overlay. BF games seem particularly susceptible.

Just went to try it but no luck there either. Can't seem to narrow down what the problem is really.

Anyone running an AMD GPU of the 7970 era with Crimson drivers and still have their overlay working?

What do you need the steam overlay for, if its to show fps just use msi afterburner or the inbuild one on bf4 with the tilde key.

For the steam overlay to work, origin overlay must be disable and no other programs running which shows fps and have to open the game by steam.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom