£20 birthday money to spend on steam..

Soldato
OP
Out of interest, have you watched much MST3K or RiffTrax?

Have to admit I'd never heard of those although I've just checked out their websites and it does look right up my street - I'll be looking out for them in future so thanks for bringing them to my attention.

My history with cult movies comes more from horror - I started trying to collect all the movies from the 80's banned video nasty list around 10 years ago. Also love the movies put out by 'Shameless'. You have to checkout 'Ratman'!

Associate
I also would recommend going on Ebay, many CD Keys for steam are cheap as hell there.
OP: I don't know if you played it but Mafia 2 has a good single player as well as Remember Me, The Witcher 1 & 2 and all those games you can get basically for pennies if you look on the Ebay for a CD Keys.

BTW a little off-topic: I still don't understand how Steam can keep the same price in 2016 of a game which was originally released in 2009 ...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I also would recommend going on Ebay, many CD Keys for steam are cheap as hell there.
OP: I don't know if you played it but Mafia 2 has a good single player as well as Remember Me, The Witcher 1 & 2 and all those games you can get basically for pennies if you look on the Ebay for a CD Keys.

BTW a little off-topic: I still don't understand how Steam can keep the same price in 2016 of a game which was originally released in 2009 ...

That's their pricing/business model though isn't it - keep usual prices relatively high so that they can do the massive discounts in their flash sales. It works.

Amazing when you get a bargain but annoying when you've been waiting for a game to drop in price and 3 years pass and it still hasn't ala Castlevania 2 which is still £24.99!

Soldato
Thanks all for the suggestions. I have Shadow of Mordor, Arkham City & Wolfenstien: The Old blood already. Dying Light is out of the price range this time around. I played Witcher 2 up until I got to shag the elf then kinda gave up on it - found the combat system and menu systems annoying and never quite got to grips with them. Have they changed much for Witcher 3?

I've ended up buying PainKiller: Hell & Damnation and the complete F.E.A.R package with is £8.99 for all 3 + DLCs today only on Steam.

I just tried to get Crysis 3 for G2A but I always have issues checking out on that site - this is the second time in a row I haven't been able to pay for what I want?...

I really fancy Life is Strange but think I'll wait to pay day and buy all the episodes...

Thanks again all for your input.

I found witcher 3 much more accessible and fluid to play, but without sacrificing any depth. It really is the best game I've ever played, and I'm not really one for RPG stuff. The world is colossal, but never feels repetitive, the side quests don't feel like side quests. It's just amazing. It's one of those games that you just have to play even if you're unsure, just in case you'll like it, because if you do then you'll have found an incredible game. I can't speak highly enough of it. Bought it at full price and don't regret it one bit if it goes to devs who really put such a well designed game together.

Warning: it's the kind of game where you need to sit down and really get stuck in. Not great for short play sessions. Took me about 100hrs to finish the main story because I kept getting distracted by other stuff in the game. Not once did I feel like I was grinding.

Soldato
go to G2A, move the slider to £5 and enjoy 4 decent games

Edit: Just tried it myself

Shadow of Mordor: £3.50
Batman Arkham City: £1.55
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood : £4.51
Crysis 3: £4.81

is what I would get personally but you can choose yourself
This, that's a list of cracking games.

Associate
The Witcher 3 has already been mentioned, but I'll say it again, it's amazing.

I know you said £20 gift card but if we can get away saying witcher 3 I'd like to add The Witness, another amazing game that only came out recently. If you like puzzle games it's a must buy imo.

Also, if you've not got Shadow of Mordor yet it's a bargain at that price and well worth it.

Associate
That's their pricing/business model though isn't it - keep usual prices relatively high so that they can do the massive discounts in their flash sales. It works.

Amazing when you get a bargain but annoying when you've been waiting for a game to drop in price and 3 years pass and it still hasn't ala Castlevania 2 which is still £24.99!

Well it might for people who just buy on Steam but then again you can get it cheap as hell somewhere else like G2A or Ebay for example :D

Last edited:
Associate
Happy Birthday (late)

I'd recommend Dark Souls. Can be had pretty cheap now. And is the best single player experience I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom