***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
I was having a good game on Skunkdogz last night but about half way through a whole clan left the other side so the teams were unbalanced making it crap

Whats happened to thr Redcoats servers? I only used to play on them but I have not seen them for about a week now

Soldato
OP
Original Soundtrack Vol. 1

We have a very special announcement for our music lovers, Volume One of the Official Squad Soundtrack will be available in a few days for all our Founders as well as for general purchase via Steam. Featuring 10 tracks totaling 45 minutes of music, this first volume is intended to give listeners and fans of the game an audio record of where Squad has come from and also where it will be heading into the future.
To read more on the composer and history check out our previous post with Scott Tobin.

We also have a bit of a foreword from Scott himself -

Scott: "Hi all! I am very excited to see the release of the first Squad Soundtrack. Here are a few notes and thoughts on the soundtrack. The Squad soundtrack is a blend of ambient and orchestral genres. This was both a personal choice and an artistic in order to set the mood for the game."

"Volume one follows a narrative and I took inspiration from a few of the maps in Squad. The soundtrack contains 10 original songs, 2 of which are bonus tracks, the main theme from the early release and an instrumental version of Lost Squad. You will hear I utilised spacious reverbs, bowed instruments, and custom sounds in order to enhance the ambient open world setting in Squad. My intention for this album is for it to be listened to as background music. One of my influences for this soundtrack is music producer Brian Eno. "

scotttobin.jpg

"Ambient Music must be able to accommodate many levels of listening attention without enforcing one in particular; it must be as ignorable as it is interesting. - Brian Eno from the linear notes on the Music for Airports album."

"I would like to thank my colleagues at Offworld Industries for supporting me as I continue to make music for Squad. I would also like to thank the kickstarter backers, without you we would not be in the position we are in now. Finally I want to thank everyone that has supported me over the years, going to back to the days of Project Reality."

Enjoy the soundtrack!

Scott Tobin

ost_vol1_cover.jpg

Album Art by Chuc and Ajax

Oh and on a side note, the new monthly recap will be out rather soon too!

Soldato
really must give this a whirl again. been too caught up with The Division of late. can't wait to see how it looks now I've finally upgraded my gpu from a 5770 to a R9 380x! hopefully should get a run out this evening.

skunkdogz still the go to server for OcUK?

Soldato
OP
Yup, for those that are eligable you can now redeem your keys for the OST.

Also, Backer Tags are now showing on the forums.

You will notice a Link Steam Account link in the top menu of the forums, next to Discord. Click this and login with your steam account that you redeemed your Perk keys on. Once redeemed you will get a status message before a redirect on any perks you own. After doing this you will start seeing your backer / founder tag on posts.

If you were a Squad Leader backer or above you will now have a new option in your profile section to add your in-game name to the credits. Go to your profile, click edit and scroll down to the bottom. You will see a new field below the About Me section. Add your in-game name there and we will add you to the credits later.

Make sure your name is appropriate or it will not be added into the credits.

NOTE: The steam login is done via oauth so we never see your login information. It is done directly on the steam website.

Associate
Loads are still playing, it's very active and new players joining all the time.

The bad news is performance will suck a fair bit on your CPU. AMD processors don't do well at all. I was getting 25-30fps max with drops to single digits on an FX8320 at 4.6Ghz. Switched to an I7 and now it's solid 50-70fps.

Future updates will go a long way to fixing this though.

Soldato
OP
Our next major release will have UE 4.11 running. Coupled with our own fixes (new animation and sound systems etc), AMD cpu performance should be greatly increased.

Remember you can refund on Steam if you have less than 2 hours played. Either that or wait until Alpha v6 drops :)

Back
Top Bottom