*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Soldato
ps2Logo-1.png

The sequel to the landmark MMO FPS has been revealed and is bigger and better than ever. PlanetSide 2 is a massively multiplayer online first person shooter that delivers truly epic, massive combat on a scale never before seen in stunning, breathtaking detail. Battles wage with literally thousands of players aligning with one of three unique factions in intense land, air and vehicle gameplay where the fight for territory is more than a victory, its survival.

*PS2 IS CURRENTLY IN BETA* - you can obtain beta keys from several sources (websites/friends/forums) and apply them at http://planetside2.com

Terran Republic

Swifty55
Name: IronMole
Server: Eurydome
Empire: TR
Outfit: Unleashed - http://unleashed-clan.co.uk

New Conglomerate

Vanu Sovereignty

Last edited:
Associate
This is actually kinda old news. Sony have admitted for a while they are looking at a PS "successor".

Whether it is PS2 or not remains unknown (may be different era, style etc).

I still play PS these days, it is still soooo good. There is really no other tactical FPS out there when you compare it. Such a shame they made it easy to cert everything.

The very best days were when you'd be arranging a raid in the sanc, and you'd see "Gal Pilot LFS", or "Pounder MAX LFS". Too easy with mozzie / HA / implants.

Basically, I want PS brought into DX9 (I think 10 may be pushing it with 300+ peeps on one cont :p) with a better netcode, and minus the crap that Sony ballsed it up with.

Associate
I'm sure SOE sent a survey round some months ago asking what we liked about Planetside and what we'd want to see in Planetside 2 (or something along those lines). I've had some the best moments in my gaming life on Planetside, it's a shame that they went ahead and release the biffers before all the CE changes which they've now brought in. come on planetside 2!

Soldato
I'm sure SOE sent a survey round some months ago asking what we liked about Planetside and what we'd want to see in Planetside 2 (or something along those lines). I've had some the best moments in my gaming life on Planetside, it's a shame that they went ahead and release the biffers before all the CE changes which they've now brought in. come on planetside 2!

Yeah, I was so excited when that survey came out, and then there was mention of this, but other than that, Sony have been pretty silent. PS is easily the best PC game I've ever played, nothing could match the MMOFPS experience of it, but knowing Sony they are going to create an abomination of a game with PS2 and somehow manage to remove all of the good bits from it.

There are times when I want to resub, but then I read the forums and decide its best to just keep the memories in my head, even though I finally have a PC that could play it on high settings XD

Soldato
OP
TR for the win! I miss my old ADAD bashing times! :(

They should just rebuild the engine/network and set it back to before/after the bending and definitely before Aftershock.

Then call it "Planetside: Reborn".

Soldato
OP
:mad:

NC were the best, cloaker with the scatterpistol. Just stick it against someone's back and they would be dead in a couple of shots. Just don't try and do anything if they are over 1m away.

Also, bring gold ammo for maxes!

Lol. Cloakers were full of whine, especially if you "saw" them without Darklight.

Accusations, accusations, accusations. ;)

MAXs need to be back to 2 shot deci and 1 mine. Worst thing they ever did buffing those things! :mad:

Soldato
People say the tech isn;t good enough to do MMOFPS games but Planetside was god damn amazing. Far from perfect but absolutly one of my best games of all time.

shame they made a crap expansion and then stopped devloping, :(

TR here. Think I was one of the first command rank 5s on Werner. :D

Soldato
OP
People say the tech isn;t good enough to do MMOFPS games but Planetside was god damn amazing. Far from perfect but absolutly one of my best games of all time.

shame they made a crap expansion and then stopped devloping, :(

TR here. Think I was one of the first command rank 5s on Werner. :D

Name? ;)

Soldato
Planetside was my first online game :D

I really liked the VS maxs and sniping in that game was great fun i do hope they bring planetside 2 out that is the only game i would pay to play now :)

Back
Top Bottom