The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Associate
At PAX East Blizzard have just announced their free to play trading card game.

eRm.jpg

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

PCGamer

Blizzard have announced their latest Warcraft title, and - no, it's not World of Warcraft 2. It's not Warcraft IV either, but rather a digital collectible card game named Hearthstone Heroes of Warcraft. The company's first free-to-play game, Hearthstone will feature typical WoW classes such as rogue, warrior and mage, and will let you craft your own cards. Naturally, you'll also be able to find cards in-game, or buy packs with your own money for about a dollar. There will be 300 of these at launch, available in "common," "rare," "epic," and "legendary" flavours. Mmm, legendary. Teaser trailer below the break.

Hearthstone's coming out on PC, Mac and iPad, but there's no word on exactly when yet.

RPS

PAX East is happening right now and even though I’m not there to watch people announce things on stages, I’ve recently discovered a magical portal that allows me to read about reactions to things that are happening on the other side of the world. Currently, the tiny aperture is bursting with words and letters, things like ‘CCG’, ‘Free to play’, ‘first’, ‘Warcraft’, ‘Blizzard’ and ‘oh…really? Oh’. It would appear that the denizens of whatever land exists at the other side of the portal are discussing the announcement of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Blizzard’s first free to play game, which is a strategic collectible card game. Either that or they’ve all gone mad.

Made by a smaller team within Blizzard, the reasoning behind Hearthstone is as follows:

We looooooove collectible card games and have been playing them since our Silicon & Synapse days. Creating a digital strategy card game felt like a natural next step for us, so we put together a small team and have been hammering away at Hearthstone for a while now. We’re excited to be working on something different from our other games, which we’ve wanted to do for a long time. Same goes for creating a game for iPad® in addition to PC.

Packs of cards can be earned in-game or purchased for around one USA BuckDollar. Card crafting is also possible and is achieved, from what I can gather, by destroying gathered cards and using the remnants to construct new ones. I’m guessing that magic is involved at some point. There’s more info here.

There’s an official website where you can sign up for the beta and even a trailer, which is just down there. Right there!

Beta is scheduled to start this summer and the game should be available by year’s end. If you don’t like this announcement, you can burn it and use the ashes to build a new one

Last edited:
Soldato
It's uh, adorable but they've been teasing at this and over hyped, even during the press conference my draw dropped at how worked up the audience and the presenters were going ape over it. Obviously it'll cater to the lowest denominator mostly, make a large wad of cash but it's just a virtual card game.

A friend said that why don't they release it on all tablets instead of just the ipad (at least that's what I heard so far). Missed sales.

Eh, next project please!

Soldato
Not their fault for the hype, they simply announced a new game. Bit stupid people expected d3 expansion or the new warcraft movie, it was obviously only going to be something small. Looks decent anyway, will play it to give it a try.

Associate
Will I ever get a blizzard beta key to try the game before release?

Been part of battle.net since wings release,
then I added my war3 game and wow then d2 (bought that just b4 d3 release).

Had no beta game apart from mop beta once i got the annual pass (free d3).

Not happy that I haven't got a key for anything yet.

Soldato
Watched Towelliee streaming this last night on his sub sunday.

must say looked good! not my usual thing (but did play yu gi oh when I was in school... lol) but kinda been interested in something like it.

think it's the pretty colours that have got me xD

Towelliee was getting pretty addicted to it to be fair. think he spent about $40 on boosters and said "ok one last fight" about 4/5 times haha!

obv going to be pay to win but at least the cards in boosters are random and if you want to craft cards you will need to shred a lot to get enough dust. so if they to pay to get a decent deck... they will have to spend quite a considerable amount I think? could be wrong...

Associate
Caught some streams this morning before that of this game and I have to say, even though card games like this have never interested me, that it looks quite fun.
Signed up for the beta and I hear there's another wave of invites due out this week? Fingers crossed

Soldato
watched that towelliee guy streaming it again last night. he got close to $300 in donations to his stream from viewers purely to buy booster packs for the game xD think between the streamers yesterday they must have collectively given over $1k to blizzard in the space of hours xD

I'm hoping I get a key soon :D

Back
Top Bottom