New Hitman game

Caporegime
I'll not be pre ordering but will keep an eye on this, fan of the Hitman franchise. After the last game, I don't think anyone should pre order (well, they shouldn't do that anyway).

Suspended
How was absolution a let down? I loved it, infact I loved them all, Absolution was great in it's own way, mostly reviewers praised it very highly 9/10.

Very excited about a new one though :D

Associate
How was absolution a let down? I loved it, infact I loved them all, Absolution was great in it's own way, mostly reviewers praised it very highly 9/10.

Very excited about a new one though :D

It was very linear compared to the other games and the story with the girl was just dumb and made no sense. They tried to put this stupid moral spin on Agent 47 all of a sudden.

There were very poor gameplay decisions like the bins which appeared everywhere and splitting up the missions into 3 to 4 linear parts.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I quite liked Hitman Ablutions, though maybe that was in part because I haven't played the older titles in the series. I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Soldato
Absolution had good atmopshere and visuals, but it was incredible step back in design compared to masterpiece Blood Money.

I hope this new one will go back to Blood Money, but I sure hope they change 47's look, he looks like a babyface now, which is just laughable.

Soldato
I liked Absolution and as endearing as the story was becoming, about 47 developing a conscience and morality... It just isn't 47. Hope he's a badass again that cringes when hot girls kiss him :D

Associate
Another cinematic trailer:

I've typically enjoyed most of the Hitman series, but agree that Absolution was a bit disappointing. It felt too arcadey with the focus so heavily with player scores.

Associate
It seems that the new Hitman game will be episodic. Source: Guru3d_Hitman

Leaving aside the fact that this has likely been done in order to maximise revenue, as a consumer I can't see the point of picking up this type of game in seperate chunks. I'll be waiting for all the content to become available before purchasing - hopefully with a hefty discount by then!

Soldato
Saw this at EGX and met the design team and Hitman himself (David Bateson), the game has gone back to it's old routes, large scale settings with X amount of possible ways of killing the contract.

They didn't mention episodic releases, although announced there would be something new and different coming at the end of 2015... hope that's not it.

The game itself looks excellent, the AI is really well done with how you can manipulate them into doing certain things by annoying them or distracting them (i.e. the example being the cameraman at the start of the Paris mission, keep annoying him and something can happen).

Looking forward to it.

EDIT: Absolution must have been OK as I got all the achievements on steam, all previous games I've done the same aswell. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom