[Build Log] Yellow Max H440 Watercooled

Soldato
I am probably going to borrow your ideas concerning pump/res mounting and removing the HDD tray thingy to allow more space for a large rad. Currently using a 30mm thick alphacool unit in pull and would love something larger to allow for quieter operation.

How are you LEDs powered? I have a couple of cold cathodes wired up to use the switch at the back (whilst remaining isolated from the other LEDs) and find it super handy to be able to turn all the lights off with a single switch.

Associate
I am probably going to borrow your ideas concerning pump/res mounting and removing the HDD tray thingy to allow more space for a large rad. Currently using a 30mm thick alphacool unit in pull and would love something larger to allow for quieter operation.

Think it is definitely the way to go. Looks great really good.

Associate
OP

How are you LEDs powered? I have a couple of cold cathodes wired up to use the switch at the back (whilst remaining isolated from the other LEDs) and find it super handy to be able to turn all the lights off with a single switch.

LED's are powered via 12v molex through a Remote dimmer, see the picture of my side panel. I am too lazy for a switch, remote is easier!
Can control brightness, pulsing, flashing effects etc. I tend to just leave it on low as it can be a little bright on full.

Soldato
I successfully borrowed you ideas yesterday and installed an RX360 in push pull at the front and mounted my pump on said rad. Worked really well and has opened up loads of space at the bottom of my case for cables and my HDD.

H0MSqt7l.jpg

Probably gonna use yellow fluid next time too!

Thanks for the ideas!

Back
Top Bottom