Project: Deuterium

Associate
OP
x0hnnRj.png
This is the last update for a few weeks (Holiday time :D) however I've made quite a large amount of progress :)
5cTg2mul.jpg.png
As can be seen from the photos I finally sorted out the graphics card, fitted the waterblock and installed the card into the system along with some 90° fittings to help plan and measure my tubing runs. I must admit that the nickel GPU and CPU waterblocks do look very suave.
rZwTEH8l.jpg.png
The next port of call was to measure some test tube using acrylic as a template for my glass cuts. I actually cut 3 pieces however one of them was for another run which ended up changing and being too small, the other cut smashed due to an imperfection where the score had run over so when a small amount of force was applied is smashed in the fitting :(
DJoMnMvl.jpg.png
Finally the mid plate is almost finished with all the pass through ports in line with each other and the cable holes cut out, the cable holes are going to have combs fixed on the top to cover where they are as originally I wanted the cables to use the plate as a comb however this didn't work due to the holes merging with each other.

That is all for now, I'm hoping to have the system finished when I get back but for now I need to pack my bags :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
x0hnnRj.png
Well I'm back off my holidays and ready to start on the PC again (Well, sort of :D).
I've also just started a new job so updates may be a little touch and go for the first few weeks as I get settled however I intend to crack on ASAP so I've ordered some acrylic tubing so I can get the correct sized templates for the glass tubing.

Second point is that I may also need to change out the EK D5 pump top as I don't think the case will have enough room for a top and separate reservoir so it may mean ordering the XSPC pump/res top and drilling a hole through the mid plate for the fill port.

More to come soon though :D

Associate
OP
x0hnnRj.png
Hi everyone, this is less of an update and more of an announcement on the project as a whole.

Unfortunately this system will not be appearing in it's final form due to numerous constraints such as:
  • The cases capacity not allowing for adequate access to check for leaks and generally being a pain in my side during the project
  • Starting a new job and other life changes reducing my time to work on the system and make sure it is all leak tested and working safely
  • The above meaning my PC will need to be simple and quick to maintenance to allow me to concentrate on other things in life
  • Glass tube being one of many banes of my existence

This is disappointing but is certainly better than getting to the last hurdle and realising I rushed the system and it leaking over the components and creating a black hole where my bank once was.

So the build will still be the same name but will be nothing like the original idea. Now I'm working more on the line of soft tubing and QDC to make this system into a more modular and serviceable machine. Not as impressive as a glass tubing beast but something that will do what I need it to :)

However it doesn't stop there as since I have purchased many components/parts for the build that won't be used I will be selling them on the MM to generate money for some soft tubing and a new panel for my CS case (I drilled through the other :()

Soldato
Good to hear you've got a new job (assume that's a good thing!) but sad to hear the project derailing. Hope you end up with something you're happy with at the end of it though.

Associate
OP
Good to hear you've got a new job (assume that's a good thing!) but sad to hear the project derailing. Hope you end up with something you're happy with at the end of it though.
Thank you, it is a shame about the project however once I'm settled down in the new job and have completed my qualifications/training I'm planning (Fingers crossed) to start another project however it won't be for a while yet :)

Main task currently is just to get this system working :D

Associate
OP
x0hnnRj.png
So no pictures for this update however my QDC fittings have arrived along with some new cables for the PSU/Reset vandal switches. Hopefully the system should be up and running by the weekend. :)

Also I realise I forgot to put a link to the sale thread for the parts I'm no longer using :)
Linky:)

Back
Top Bottom