Permabanned
Not so green anymore!

40244366811_10297b780a_b.jpg

IMG_0003 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0011 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0012 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Boo!

Time for a new project for me...

It's in its early stages and I'm going to take this one a bit slower than my last one.

Everything is ordered, I'm just waiting for it all to arrive.

After deliberation, I'm sticking with the green theme - but going with gunmetal grey for the case. I've also changed the case again, this time to a Caselabs SMA8.

Bits on their way, including hardware spec (some of which is already here):

Intel 6950X
Asus Rampage Edition 10
32GB Corsair 3600 15-15-15-36-2T memory (although running at 3400 13-13-13-34-1T)
2x Titan X Pascal
Intel 750 1.2TB NVMe
Samsung 850 Evo 2TB
2x Intel 730 0.5TB
2x Sandisk 1TB
Corsair RX1000i

Caselabs SMA8 Gunmetal Grey
1x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Xtreme+ in white (for front of case)
1x XSPC RX480 in white (for top of case)
1x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 560 in black (for one side of basement)
1x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 280 in black (for PSU side of basement)
2x EK TPX waterblocks
2x Monsoon MMRS 250mm reservoirs in clear with black end caps, white side supports, white mounts, white plugs and mounted UV cathodes
1x EK EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 pump (2x D5 in a single unit)
4x Corsair ML120 Pro with white LEDs
7x Corsair ML140 Pro with white LEDs (for front of case and 560 rad to shine light through grills)
4x Corsair ML140 Pro without LEDs (for PSU-side rad, likely over-ordered but it's nice to have spares as i think i'll only need 2)
Primochill clear flex tubing (for basement)
Mayhems UV Green coolant
EK fittings in black nickel
EK passthroughs for tubing pass through case walls.floor in black nickel
Bitspower fittings in carbon black (for bends etc)
Bitspower crystal link tubing

Various other bits for filling/draining and other stuff.

Haven't ordered yet, still considering... extra LED strips to be powered off motherboard Aura header... not sure if I've missed anything else other than backplates for GPUs which aren't available yet.

jyOQ7LC.png

4EcB0OR.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
If you put a drain valve at the bottom of your case then draining the loop should be as simple as opening it up and letting it flow out. You may need to give it a tilt to make sure you get it out of the rads and stuff. I think it would be a bit of a pain without a drain port.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm thinking about adding a bit of flexible hosing at the bottom behind the motherboard tray with a drain plug/connector thing to do just that :)

That's not really what you need to do, you add the drain valve to chosen point in the loop (somewhere low obv) using a splitter (like a 3 way/T splitter), add a 1/4 fitting for either soft or hardline the other side of the valve then cap it off until you need it. When you need it you just chuck on a piece of tube and open the valve - no need to have some hidden big piece of tubing in your rig until that point.

I just kept one of my failed hardline bends for it...

Permabanned
OP
Has anyone tried creating much of a swirl with piping? I imagine it will be a bit of a pain to create and I might need to make a jig in the right size and shape to get it smooth and at an even angle.

I'd like to do a couple of turns if possible then drop the return back down through the middle of it.

Kinda like this...
wfsrxK2.png

Permabanned
OP
This project is starting to move along again.

I have made some changes to my idea, but going to keep with the green theme... but make it fluorescent green & matte white.

Changing the case to a Parvum L1.0

I've just made an enquiry to get a custom reservoir along the lines of one of these:
12010715_1656376134604311_3887617539426673547_o.jpg

I'd really like to add one if it's not absurdly expensive as I think they look great.

System spec has changed a little, but only really upgraded the GPUs to Titan PX. I've been thinking about sticking with one GPU... but will probably end up with SLI. Wondering whether to do it now to save on rebuilding loop and hard tubing when/if I want to upgrade.

I'm unsure at the moment as it seems one overclocked Titan PX under water will be more than enough, even at 4k.

Permabanned
OP
Just realised that I updated my choices in another thread but not this one.

Everything is ordered, I'm just waiting for it all to arrive.

After deliberation, I'm sticking with the green theme - but going with gunmetal grey for the case. I've also changed the case again, this time to a Caselabs SMA8.

Bits on their way, including hardware spec (some of which is already here):

Intel 6950X
Asus Rampage Edition 10
32GB Corsair 3600 15-15-15-36-2T memory (although running at 3400 13-13-13-34-1T)
2x Titan X Pascal
Intel 750 1.2TB NVMe
Samsung 850 Evo 2TB
2x Intel 730 0.5TB
2x Sandisk 1TB
Corsair RX1000i

Caselabs SMA8 Gunmetal Grey
1x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Xtreme+ in white (for front of case)
1x XSPC RX480 in white (for top of case)
1x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 560 in black (for one side of basement)
1x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 280 in black (for PSU side of basement)
2x EK TPX waterblocks
2x Monsoon MMRS 250mm reservoirs in clear with black end caps, white side supports, white mounts, white plugs and mounted UV cathodes
1x EK EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 pump (2x D5 in a single unit)
4x Corsair ML120 Pro with white LEDs
7x Corsair ML140 Pro with white LEDs (for front of case and 560 rad to shine light through grills)
4x Corsair ML140 Pro without LEDs (for PSU-side rad, likely over-ordered but it's nice to have spares as i think i'll only need 2)
Primochill clear flex tubing (for basement)
Mayhems UV Green coolant
EK fittings in black nickel
EK passthroughs for tubing pass through case walls.floor in black nickel
Bitspower fittings in carbon black (for bends etc)
Bitspower crystal link tubing

Various other bits for filling/draining and other stuff.

Haven't ordered yet, still considering... extra LED strips to be powered off motherboard Aura header... not sure if I've missed anything else other than backplates for GPUs which aren't available yet.

jyOQ7LC.png

Permabanned
OP
Some more bits and bobs added...

2 meter Phanteks RGB LED strip + adapter for Asus Aura header so I can like it to the motherboard's RGBs :D
4x 30cm UV cold cathodes... may only use 2 but i'm going to see what difference it makes
Akasa USB3 & card reader for the 3.5" bay

New keyboard too... QPAD MK-85 with blue switches

The case was delivered today... itching to get started!

Permabanned
OP
Case arrived this morning and I just assembled it :)

Very high quality piece of kit... I've had quite a few enthusiast grade cases, but none even come close to this thing for build quality... I can see this lasting me many years. I even slipped the screw driver when doing one of the screws and scraped it along the paint a little... on ANY other case I've ever had, there would have been a noticeable scratch. Absolutely no mark at all :)

_H5A6775 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A6771 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom