Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
I have just ordered this monitor. Anyone have settings they think are great? I will trawl through all the pages but be great if anyone can list preferred settings ?
They tend to be a bit bright out of the box. Via the NCP/ Adjust desktop colour settings page, reduce Gamma to +0.80 and Brightness to whatever suits you

Associate
So I just got mine last night, no QC issues so far so good, I do however have a problem With BF4, when I bring up the menu it states its "in g-sync mode 60hz" am I doing something wrong here? or is this what happens for everyone else?
Have you amended the refresh rate under Nvidia control Panel / Adjust desktop Size and Position/ Refresh rate?

Soldato
Quick question as I've just started the exhaustive process of researching for a new monitor.

I notice this one is a TN Panel. I was under the impression that IPS is preferable to many? I also notice that this monitor is a bit more pricey than an Acer IPS with the same goodies (G-Sync, 1440p, etc). It seems to be on par cost-wise with a 27' Asus ROG screen.

Is this one a better option than an Acer/Asus IPS?

Associate
Quick question as I've just started the exhaustive process of researching for a new monitor.

I notice this one is a TN Panel. I was under the impression that IPS is preferable to many? I also notice that this monitor is a bit more pricey than an Acer IPS with the same goodies (G-Sync, 1440p, etc). It seems to be on par cost-wise with a 27' Asus ROG screen.

Is this one a better option than an Acer/Asus IPS?

I see you're in NZ according to your location. Here in the UK this monitor (if bought from OCUK) is priced similarly to the Acer tn model and quite a bit cheaper than the Asus ROG tn panel and the 2 IPS panels. So add on Dell's legendary after sales service, compared to the other 2 companys "allegedly" poor service and Bob's yer Uncle.

Is it better than the IPS panels, well both IPS & TN have their own idiosyncrasies so you need to make your own mind up on that one (IPS glow vs TN colour shift etc)

Associate
Could anyone please tell me if NVidia sorted out the flickering issue with G-Sync? I'm contemplating buying one of these Dell monitors (on offer for £389.99 at the mo), but i'm not a fan of the G-Sync flickering on loading screens and some in-game menus etc... Otherwise I'll probably end up buying a standard 144Hz screen instead.

Cheers!

Associate
Ok I decided to pull the trigger and buy it anyway :D. It'll be a nice upgrade from my current 23" LG 1080p IPS screen... Even if the Dell does use a TN panel.

I'm fed up with the slight motion blur/ghosting in some games with my current IPS screen and the typical IPS glow can be off putting too! I don't expect the colour accuracy on the Dell to be as good as my fully calibrated LG, but it shouldn't be too bad judging from various reviews. The limited viewing angle won't bother me much either as I tend to sit directly in front of the screen when gaming ;).

I Just hope I've made the right decision for my i7 4790k & 980 Ti setup :).

Associate
Ok I decided to pull the trigger and buy it anyway :D. It'll be a nice upgrade from my current 23" LG 1080p IPS screen... Even if the Dell does use a TN panel.

I Just hope I've made the right decision for my i7 4790k & 980 Ti setup :).

m8 you will be shocked how bad colors are compared to even cheap ips panels

Soldato
Hopefully I'll just get used to it after a bit of tweaking. I'm more interested in the response time, refresh rate and G-sync... I can sacrifice a slight bit of colour accuracy for a much better gaming experience :cool:

You could just go for one of the 144Hz IPS GSync models, then you get the best of both. :)

Associate
You could just go for one of the 144Hz IPS GSync models, then you get the best of both. :)

That's where it starts getting a bit too expensive for my liking... Maybe one day though. Looks like the Acer IPS models are generally cheaper, but I wouldn't touch anything from Acer ever again. Poor QC, bad customer service and incompetent engineers. Never again.

Soldato
That's where it starts getting a bit too expensive for my liking... Maybe one day though. Looks like the Acer IPS models are generally cheaper, but I wouldn't touch anything from Acer ever again. Poor QC, bad customer service and incompetent engineers. Never again.

i feel the same way about acer.. was very dissappointed overall with the xb270hu.

Associate
Just bought one of these to pair with my EVGA 1080 FTW. Was considering an ultrawide IPS, but all the glow issues and lack of 21:9 support put me off.

Man of Honour
Yes it is set at 144Hz, strange that several other games report as 144hz G-Sync but not BF4

BF4 will/can adhere to the preferred refresh rate option in the nVidia control panel but can also be set ingame to a specific refresh rate independently of the desktop.

Back
Top Bottom