• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cpu Upgrade suggestions cheers

Soldato
Doubtful Zen will even compete with the i5 if history repeats itself, could also be 12+ months until it comes out.

4790k destroys every AMD cpu, a great upgrade in your price range.

However;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inte...ocket-lga1151-processor-retail-cp-579-in.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...cket-1151-ddr3-atx-motherboard-mb-644-as.html

If you don't mind spending £300-320 as you'd need a customer cooler. Quite abit better than the 4790k and due to you having to buy a custom cooler (which is where the £300+ pricetag comes from) you'd be able to give it a decent OC. An OC'd 6600k could potentially feel generations ahead of the Zen when it comes out, of this I have no doubt.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the reply man quick secondary question could I oc the 4690k with a 500w corsair cx psu h100 cooler and cooler master haf x case seems doubtful but a question none the less pretty sure the 480 and i5 have lower power requirements than my current build

Soldato
Yeah, you have enough headroom for an OC, just don't bump voltages too much imo. Plus, there's a certain limit after which you hit diminishing returns.

Associate
Im running my 4690k @ a nice stable 4.4 Ghz on an air cooler.

Ive got mine running with a gtx970 but when I first built it I had it running with my old 7950 and comparing it to my old FX8350 it was an upgrade and was far smoother in games and gained a nice increase in FPS in games.

I dont regret buying the 4690k and the FX8350 was a cracking CPU.

My oldest is running with an FX8350 at the moment with an Asus v formula z motherboard and yea its a great machine but I wouldn't be tempted to swap him boards and CPU's

Back
Top Bottom