Dartford swimming pool, anyone remember?

Caporegime
Does anyone remember the huge swimming pool on the hill near dartford crossing?, had tons of slides and one such ride was called the black hole. What happened to it?

When i went there it was amazing however one of the swimming pools had no water and was closed of, only the water rapids and slides were opened

Soldato
Black Hole
Whale Whirler
Shark Shocker

Were those the three? Used to cost 20p for a wrist band to get in there. Loved it :D

Also Water Palace, but that shut down years ago :( LINK. Was epic. Photo doesn't do it justice

- GP

Caporegime
OP

:cool: yay that was it, big thanks

I remember urban myths linking the closures to someone sticking razor blades down the slides. Didn't believe it then either.

:eek:

I heard rumours it was due to the grounds being too weak causing the swimming pools to crack and people getting stuck
Black Hole
Whale Whirler
Shark Shocker

Were those the three? Used to cost 20p for a wrist band to get in there. Loved it :D

Also Water Palace, but that shut down years ago :(

- GP

Yep Black Hole, Pitch Black darkness loved it :)

Caporegime
I remember urban myths linking the closures to someone sticking razor blades down the slides. Didn't believe it then either.

That seems a local theme for anywhere, there were rumours someone did this at our local pool.

I went to a mental place like this down in Poole years ago and it was totally awesome.

Soldato
I remember it. Went there when I was about 5, I lived 2 minutes away in Stone. Drove past it today as it happens.

As I remember it closed down because it was built on a landfill site and it had problems with subsidence.

Soldato
Fantaseas was fantastic. Not much there now....

cb106d04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom