• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

On board graphicss

Associate
Can you not have on board graphics on an nice low watt cpu TDP ?

Seems the graphics isn't that good so who'd want to pay for two lots of graphics ?

Or is there the equivalent of Radeon 5450 which is what I have at the moment ?

Associate
just to add to this, my paticular 5350 will do 2ghz on 1.15v [0.15 undervolt] or 2250mhz on 1.2v so you could easily reduce power / increase speed slightly with a little bit of work, truly amazing chip for the money

Associate
OP
AMD Kabini

The 5350 Athlon will match your 615e on the CPU side, and completely rinse the 5450 on the GPU side. And all in a 25w package. For about £65 including a mobo.

Thanks brilliant :) weird thing is my cpu seems to sell on eBay for about £45 :)

Is there a more powerful cpu as I was thinking of more of CPU upgrage than a GPU upgrade ? :)

Soldato
One of the T series i3s (such as 4160T) would do the trick. They're a lot more pricey than a Kabini (around £90-£100 plus mobo), but suitably more powerful on the CPU side. GPU is ok too.

Or an FM2+ AMD Kaveri. They're weaker on the CPU side than the i3, but the quad-core ones (A8 & A10) are still a strong upgrade on your current unit. Graphics side is a long way ahead of the i3. You'd need a locked one to get lower power (not the "k" processors)

Neither of those is as low power as the Kabini, but they are higher performance parts.

Soldato
Just to add to what cheesyboy said in #4, ANY integrated graphics are going to be faster than your 5450. A lot faster.

For ultra-low power, Kabini is still the best option. Everything else falls in the 50-100 W range, mainly AMD Godavari (Kaveri refresh) and Intel Skylake chips.

Back
Top Bottom