• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 6600K or AMD A10 7850K?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Just weighing up the difference between the two. Looks to be a huge price difference with going down the AMD route but i've never looking into the APU side of things in any depth before?

Anyone with real world experience of the two?

Soldato
what would you be using the system for?

if its for gaming i would go for the 6600K, AMD CPUs are quite out of date as they havent released anything for ages.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
what would you be using the system for?

if its for gaming i would go for the 6600K, AMD CPUs are quite out of date as they havent released anything for ages.

A bit of gaming... nothing too intensive though.

Realistically, I'd probably be looking at the occasional game of Project Cars @ 1080p.

Soldato
If you've got the budget for a 6600K and you're going to be gaming, it's got to be Intel.

I've thought the 7850K is pretty great, as the onboard graphics are pretty strong. From a CPU perspective it's a fair bit behind any recent Intel offering.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
If you've got the budget for a 6600K and you're going to be gaming, it's got to be Intel.

I've thought the 7850K is pretty great, as the onboard graphics are pretty strong. From a CPU perspective it's a fair bit behind any recent Intel offering.

What sort of workloads does your system handle? Game wise I mean I'm not a huge gamer, do most of that on an XB1.

Soldato
They're very different beasts.

If your budget for CPU + GPU is less than about £150, an APU like the 7850K is the best option.

If your budget for CPU + GPU is over about £350, you should be looking at 6600K plus GPU.

In between there are a few ways to go, but £50-100 CPU (e.g. AMD 860K or i3-6100) plus low-mid-range GPU is usually the answer.

Back
Top Bottom