*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Man of Honour
You didn't warn about flatulence Tomb, may have to reconsider my app now :p

On a serious note, head start is Sunday yes?

It is indeed, officially noon, but my hunch is that it will be up before then. The missus says that she will cook a full english breakfast for us early, so that the two of us can start trying to login from 9am :D

Associate
Here's the link if anyone is interested - http://errantpenman.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/a-farewell-to-teso/

One thing that does concern me is he seems to state there's still a lot of bugs left in the game this close to release. For the recent beta testers is he on the mark with this?
Obviously no MMO launches completely bug free but do you feel it's being rushed out?

Also he briefly touches on balance issues, now I didn't get too far in the betas to really get into the balance side of things but how's that shaping up? Will there be one class/spec that will dominate?

Just looking for other opinions, not trolling, before I get jumped on :p

The guy is eloquent and a bit of a wordsmith, and if this was his first piece on TESO I'd have more concern than I do. For one, not even a month ago he posted a glowing review of the game saying it was the most addicting game he'd played in a long time. He played for over 9 months in closed beta and has several 50++ characters. He obviously knows his potatoes with the game but the timing stinks. He brings up his 'concerns' right before the game launches and just after the API debacle and Templar having the magicka regen nerfed.

As flowery as his words are, they scream to me that he's got the hump and wanted ZoS to know that he has the hump. He says that the game has too many quests and this isn't his favourite way of levelling (I'd hardly call that a bad thing) his comments about balance are probably because Sorc are pretty much the best at everything and Temps are struggling. It's not the end of the world stuff but I do hope ZoS take a look at the balance because one class being the best at everything is a recipe for disaster (it's all to do with cloth being the best; they've not thought out magicka issues at all it seems). I totally disagree with him complaining about paywalls and the like. The Imperial race is fluff. Unless people are RPing on them I'd wager they'll be among the worst represented races along with Argonian and Bosmer. Their racials are nothing special and they're basically another human. Personally, I only bought the Imp edition for the horse and mudcrab pet :o

Also, they guy has taken to other MMO sites to defend himself (he's getting a lot of flak due to people plainly seeing his real reason for his post) and he makes a big deal out of knowing his biscuits due to being an MMO vet. He says he wants a sandbox game like pre CU SWG. He is 23 years old. He was barely a teenager when that game was out. I'm sorry, call me an old fart but someone 23 is a vet of nothing.

So yeah, he does bring up some points but he'd do a lot better if he'd been honest and not done a huge 180 with his opinions for the game and had just come out and said he was annoyed with ZoS for their changes as ---XXX --- is what is wrong with the game.

I'll be happy to get 9 months out of this game before I burn out and I'd wager he played many more hours than I will.

Man of Honour
That's one of the drawbacks of being in a closed beta really , you spend almost a year in closed beta and by the time the game comes out and everyone is hyped and excited, you're already starting to burn out because you've already been playing for a year (and many people only play an mmo for that length of time anyway, so in effect they've already done their time in the game , before its even out). Its one of the reasons that I don't tend to get involved nowadays until the open beta stages because I used to find that I was burned out on an mmo by being in closed beta just as all my friends were being excited about release.

Associate
Poor Latex :( :D Still, I'm sure the devs will give you some worthwhile racial soon; maybe ;)

Nail on the head Tomby.

I liken that guys post to having a really attractive girlfriend whom all your friends swoon over. After nearly a year together though, and after she refuses to do things with you that you want her to do, she decides to break it up with you and just become friends. You however get in there first and write a blog about how you were never really that into her anyway and she'll be going to the dogs soon enough and everyone is welcome to her (but she has issues!) as you're going to find fresher fish (pliable ones that will let you get your own way).
Not exactly the best analogy but it serves its purpose. He sees it as a victory but the real victory would be keeping it to yourself or just telling a few friends in confidence; as well we all know (probably through bitter experience ;)).

Soldato
It is indeed, officially noon, but my hunch is that it will be up before then. The missus says that she will cook a full english breakfast for us early, so that the two of us can start trying to login from 9am :D

I hate you.

My wife has a day of jobs lined up for me then I'm away Mobday :(

Can I borrow your wife for a month so I can get some good gaming in? :p

Soldato
He is 23 years old. He was barely a teenager when that game was out. I'm sorry, call me an old fart but someone 23 is a vet of nothing.

Heh, this is so true. At 23, he would have been 8 at EQ's launch and 6 for UO's - he wouldn't have even played a MUD. He's a player of post WoW MMO's and a vet of nothing.

Sour grapes is all it is.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom