• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****UK's Best Price & Staggering DEAL - ATI HD 5870 £179.99 Delivered!*****

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Right guys this deal is truly amazing and I am only holding this price for pre-orders *ONLY* so if you want a 5870 for £199.99 Inc. VAT and delivered to forum members you need to order before the stock arrives which is on Friday this week, so you have two days. No excuses, its payday, its XMAS, so treat yourself! When these come into stock the price will increase to £220 so by pre-ordering your saving £20, thats a night out if you can't hold your drink. :D

So here it is:-

OcUK ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card ***Pre-Order Special Price*** @ £179.99 inc VAT

GX-136-OK_400.jpg

Prepare to experience a riveting high-definition gaming experience with the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series graphics processors. Expand your visual real estate across up to three displays and get lost in the action with revolutionary ATI Eyefinity Technology. Using ATI Stream technology, accelerate even the most demanding applications and do more than ever with your PC. The first to deliver full support for Microsoft DirectX 11, these GPUs enable rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance so you can dominate the competition.

- Core Clock: 850MHz
- Memory: 1024MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 4800MHz (Effective)
- Memory Bandwidth: 153.6GB/s
- Processing Cores: 1600
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.1
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, 1 HDMI & 1 DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.2 Support
- ATI CrossFireX Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- Warranty: 2 Years

Was [£219.99] Inc. VAT

Only £179.99 inc VAT.***Pre-Order Special Price ONLY***

ORDER NOW

Associate
Hi there

Right guys this deal is truly amazing and I am only holding this price for pre-orders *ONLY* so if you want a 5870 for £199.99 Inc. VAT and delivered to forum members you need to order before the stock arrives which is on Friday this week, so you have two days. No excuses, its payday, its XMAS, so treat yourself! When these come into stock the price will increase to £220 so by pre-ordering your saving £20, thats a night out if you can't hold your drink. :D

So here it is:-

OcUK ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card ***Pre-Order Special Price*** @ £199.99 inc VAT

GX-136-OK_400.jpg

Prepare to experience a riveting high-definition gaming experience with the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series graphics processors. Expand your visual real estate across up to three displays and get lost in the action with revolutionary ATI Eyefinity Technology. Using ATI Stream technology, accelerate even the most demanding applications and do more than ever with your PC. The first to deliver full support for Microsoft DirectX 11, these GPUs enable rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance so you can dominate the competition.

- Core Clock: 850MHz
- Memory: 1024MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 4800MHz (Effective)
- Memory Bandwidth: 153.6GB/s
- Processing Cores: 1600
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.1
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, 1 HDMI & 1 DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.2 Support
- ATI CrossFireX Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- Warranty: 2 Years

Was [£219.99] Inc. VAT

Only £199.99 inc VAT.***Pre-Order Special Price ONLY***

ORDER NOW
wow that is good, how does it compare to a gtx 470 or ati 6870?

Soldato
i bet these will go overdue due to the weather lol , but i might get one next week to go with my powercolor 5870 pcs+ if any are left even at £219.99 they are very cheap "after pre-order" (crossfired 5870's will last me a while lol)

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't be surprise someone pre-order these, and the 6950 launch at something like £250 and the stock for the 5870 still nowhere to be seen...:D

But I guess people that already got a 5870 could pick one up for Crossfiring.

Soldato
If you're willing to spend £240, you might as well wait and see what the 6950 brings to the table in 12 days time. Or the 570 which is due soon as well.

They will probably be another £30-£40 more than that 470, but should justify that by being faster.

But if your budget it £250, then I'd go for the 470 as most reach 480 speeds when overclocked.

OcUK Staff
OP
If you're willing to spend £240, you might as well wait and see what the 6950 brings to the table in 12 days time. Or the 570 which is due soon as well.

They will probably be another £30-£40 more than that 470, but should justify that by being faster.

But if your budget it £250, then I'd go for the 470 as most reach 480 speeds when overclocked.

This is faster than a 470!

Its £200.

570 Incoming will be above £250 as will 6950!

£200 cards are GTX 470 and ATI 6870, this 5870 beats them both for same money, its just a cracking deal we've secured due to manufacturers clearing stock. ATI are loosing lots of money on these now!

Associate
That would because EU regulations state a minimum of 2 yr warranty on electrical products I believe.

Still good that the warranty is with OCUK and not the vendor much quicker turn around.

OcUK Staff
OP
Can you provide a link that backs that up, if it is law I can't see how the likes of our big retailers such as DSG, John Lewis etc sell things with 1 year warranties

It is law, but a reseller/etailor can refuse to honor warranty after a year and direct back to manufacturer. Then its how that manufacturer deals with it, some are good, some are poor.

Either way its best if the reseller is willing to deal with it, easier for customer. :)

Associate
It is law, but a reseller/etailor can refuse to honor warranty after a year and direct back to manufacturer. Then its how that manufacturer deals with it, some are good, some are poor.

Either way its best if the reseller is willing to deal with it, easier for customer. :)
Gibbo.
I had a 4870 off you a while back.
Could you tell me how long(if any)this 5870 is compared to the 4870?

Also,you say it isn't a reference card.
Does that mean i can't put a third party cooler on it,that is if there are any?

Back
Top Bottom