Huddys Post build log

Man of Honour
As per title really, I completed my new build a few weeks ago but had so much going on at the time I didn't have time to keep a thread going.

Anyway, I decided from day one i didn't like my Xigmatek Elysium Full Tower. Despite it's good reviews I found it a bit clumsy and cheap. Don't get me wrong, it's spacious and got plenty of potential but it just wasn't for me.

7b2cc022a46e006de2709b0b4d1304b3.JPG

I decided a while back that I'd like a white theme and was at two minds to completely downsize to a mini-ITX and go for the BitFenix Prodigy.. but I kind of like having the custom watercooling and option to expand.

In the end i decided to go for the NXZT Switch 810. Although still a full tower, it's slightly smaller than the Elysium and looks stunning..

I also decided to retire my existing XSPC Dual 750 Bay Reservoir for a dedicated pump.

Last of my parts arrived this morning:

NZXT Switch 810 in White
XSPC D5 Vario Pump & EK-D5 X-TOP CSQ Plexi Combo
XSPC Dual 5.25” Bay Reservoir (Alu Front)
6 x Bitspower Connection 14 inch to 1611mm - Deluxe White
1 x Bbitspower 60 degree rotation
2 x Mayhems X1 UV Blue Premixed Watercooling Fluid 1L
NZXT Front Panel connections cable set 30cm sleeved - White
XSPC HighFlex Hose 716" ID, 58" OD, 15.911.1mm, 2m, White
3 x 120mm Skythe Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm for radiator

The only thing i held back on was the choice of radiator fans, as my old Scythe Kaze Jyuni 120mm fans are getting on a bit.

The parts arrive

_MG_0844.jpg

One of the bitspower fittings. A bit expensive for what they are but hey.

_MG_0848.jpg

The pump prefitted with the Plexi top by OcUK makes saves a little time and works out cheaper than buying separate.

_MG_0851.jpg

Lovely shinny new XSPC dual bay res :

_MG_0854.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
This is my planned cooling daigram.

Opt1_zps44fd9148.jpg

I've decided to go for an exhaust option by pulling the air through radiator whilst making use of the concealed area in the roof of the case. You’ll notice I've turned the rear 140mm inwards so that the radiator receives cooler air whist trying to reduce the pressure inside the case. So I have 3 fans blowing air in, and 3 fans blowing air out through the roof.. Seems logical to me.

Trying the Scythe GT1850 for size

_MG_0868.jpg

Soldato
Good times :)

I've got the Elysium too, have done for 2 years. It's been a fantastic case and offers amazing value considering. But much like you I find aspects of it cheap and poorly designed. :) Look forward to seeing the new build.

Back
Top Bottom