4K laptop screens: experiences, opinions?

Associate
Hello I was hoping anyone who's had experience using laptops with 4k screens would be able to help me out.

I'm looking to get a new high end laptop and I'm torn between the choice of 1080p and 4k. 1080p seems a little lacklustre for a brand new machine but 4K seems demanding to run and not all that necessary on such a small screen. 1440p seems like it would be ideal to me but very few new models offer this option.

So how is performance in general and in games at 4k on decent laptop hardware (i'm looking to get a 1070)? What about up scaling, how would running games at 1440p look; is 17" small enough that you don't really notice the usual blurriness? Anything else I'm not considering?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
I've actually just found a version of what I wanted with a 1440p option, only thing is that it's a 120hz tn rather than IPS. Been using IPS for so long need to figure out if I could live with TN viewing angles, will have to make a trip to a shop and actually try out some different screen resolutions and panel types.

Associate
OP
DSR might be alright in games (I didn't try it) but certainly not sold on it as a desktop screen-space solution. I actually have the perfect test bed, a 1080p and 1440p right here so I tried it out and the difference between the 1440p and the 1080p with DSR is absolutely night and day, the 1080p is super blurry.

Back
Top Bottom