LG 27UD88 UK availability? (Paging Daniel the LG Rep)

Associate
stuartharrison - you are correct in that the 27UD68-W and 27UD68-P are only different in colour - BUT - what is sold in the UK is infact 27UD68P (no dash) - this is because the model we have here in the UK is height adjustable and has pivot, whereas the 27UD68-W/27UD68-P are fixed stand

Dan
I've no real intention of pivoting it but the height adjust is certainly useful.

Have to say that the build quality of the UD68P is immediately impressive on unboxing.
What is surprising, for the price, is that it is colour calibrated at the factory.

Finding it a bit bright on my eyes but I'll play around with contrast tomorrow (got brightness turned down).

What is the difference between the 68 and the 88?
I'm guessing the 88 gives 100% RGB?
Or a sturdier stand.

Anyway, the UD68p is a rather nice monitor.

Associate
The 88 uses a different IPS panel (called Neo Blade III) which allows us to have what we call "Infinity Display" which allows a really slim 2.5mm bezel on all 4 sides

UD88 is also 350 nits compared to 300 on the UD68,and the UD88 has USB-C

Associate
Hello,

Are the UD88's due in this week by any chance?

Also I just purchased a macbook pro 15" and I read that these screens only output 60W for charging, is this a problem if my macbook requires an 85W charger?

Thanks

Associate
Hiya

I believe OCUK are getting stock tomorrow!

I am unsure on the Mac question though

Despite OcUK describing the monitor as 'black', I assume this product link is in fact the white monitor as seen below:

31IG4%2BRnwuL.jpg

Associate
Sorry to chip in on this at a slight tangent, but wondering if this might provide the occasion for an offer on the UD68? :eek: If so, can guarantee a buyer here :)

Associate
Thank you Daniel, any news on where they are please? I've pre-ordered one from another place as yet, promised on Friday. Prefer to order from OC...

Back
Top Bottom