Went and purchased the new Razor Blade with Core!

Associate
It comes with £310 worth of accessories and £100 off the core! Won't be here until end of November, but I've been trying to find a good laptop for a while and this seems to fit the bill!

Anyone else tempted?

Associate
It does look great, I like the cite concept so you can have a thin and light and do some gaming as well. Great choice.

Associate
OP
I will let you guys know when it arrives. So tempted by a new laptop for a long time I had to take the plunge and order! I hope I don't regret it. I just couldn't bring myself to buy the cheaper, but better spec rivals! The Razer just seems nicer to look at and more sturdy! Plus the core is a massive plus.

Associate
OP
Yeah I went for the 3200x1800 touch screen. Using it for video editing with 4K material. I'm a tad disappointed in it not being proper 4K, but it will have to do:)

Associate
OP
Starts at £3,4K which is a joke but still priced similar to competition but in a much better form factor.

Lube manufacturers will be able to sell more product now

Yup quite a price hike, whereas you can probably get the Blade 1060 bundle with the core and a desktop 1080 GPU for 3k!

Associate
Lets hope they actual get round to shipping in November. I read that fulfilling orders in the States was a challenge, let alone here.

Also, didn't realize the Core was ready over here but having splashed out on a blade, i cant really afford the core yet.

Im hoping to get away with light/medium gaming until i'm ready to buy a core type device. Bare in mind the Blade i just purchased is an upgrade to my GTX570 desktop...

EDIT: On the free stuff, i didnt really want the bag/mouse combo lol but free is free. Plus, Christmas is coming up...I need to ask myself how i feel about regifting!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Lets hope they actual get round to shipping in November. I read that fulfilling orders in the States was a challenge, let alone here.

Also, didn't realize the Core was ready over here but having splashed out on a blade, i cant really afford the core yet.

Im hoping to get away with light/medium gaming until i'm ready to buy a core type device. Bare in mind the Blade i just purchased is an upgrade to my GTX570 desktop...

EDIT: On the free stuff, i didnt really want the bag/mouse combo lol but free is free. Plus, Christmas is coming up...I need to ask myself how i feel about regifting!

Yup not expecting them to fulfill all orders especially when they only just sent me confirmation email! I'm also midndispute with them on twitter for denying a free leviathan mini code after it was accepted at checkout! Hopefully it will be resolved!

Associate
haha i emaile them about the same thing, got the one-liner answer "The code is excluded for systems" ...let me know how your dispute goes!

ill give you a heads up if i do get mine shortly after the advertised expected shipping date so you know what to expect.

Associate
OP
haha i emaile them about the same thing, got the one-liner answer "The code is excluded for systems" ...let me know how your dispute goes!

ill give you a heads up if i do get mine shortly after the advertised expected shipping date so you know what to expect.

I got that response on twitter, but what on earth do you have to buy to user the code? I would have thought a system purchase would have been the ideal place to use it!

Associate
Will you be using the core with an external monitor? Looking at some of the reviews the core takes quite a performance hit when it has to pump the display data back over the Thunderbolt link.

Associate
Thanks for the heads up on the deal, this could be perfect because the Alienware 15 is now massively deep due to the extra cooling which makes it just too big to travel with I think.

Really nice case on the blade, will be good to hear your thoughts once it arrives!

Associate
Starts at £3,4K which is a joke but still priced similar to competition but in a much better form factor.

Lube manufacturers will be able to sell more product now

Not sure where you are getting from but the top spec on their UK/GB page is £2,649.99 for QHD+ and 1TB PCIE SSD (with the freebies and Core discount).

I'm going to consider the FHD and 512GB PCIE SSD for £1,949.99 (with freebies, I don't care for the Core).

Associate
OP
Will you be using the core with an external monitor? Looking at some of the reviews the core takes quite a performance hit when it has to pump the display data back over the Thunderbolt link.

Oh yes of course. TB3 bandwidth isn't quite strong enough to pipe the signal back into the laptop. If I want the extra grunt I'll just plug in my 4K tv into the laptop:)

Not sure where you are getting from but the top spec on their UK/GB page is £2,649.99 for QHD+ and 1TB PCIE SSD (with the freebies and Core discount).

I'm going to consider the FHD and 512GB PCIE SSD for £1,949.99 (with freebies, I don't care for the Core).

Think you're getting confused he's talking about the Razer Blade PRO and not the Razer Blade...

Last edited:
Associate
Nice! On the look out for laptop and external GPU dock myself, my first choice is the Razer blade and the core but it's a lot more expensive than its competitors, I'm going to wait for a price on the asus dock before I make my mind up

Associate
OP
Nice! On the look out for laptop and external GPU dock myself, my first choice is the Razer blade and the core but it's a lot more expensive than its competitors, I'm going to wait for a price on the asus dock before I make my mind up

Yes the laptop is a tad more expensive than the equivalents from MSI, Asus, Acer etc (not counting gigabyte as they don't support TB3), but it's worth it for the build quality and the design. It's more professional looking, slimmer and less game centric which is what I want as I want to use the laptop professionally too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom