*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
Nice build, I got rid of mine as it just looked cramped and as you say it's a bit small in some aspects. Plus you lose the rear fan with a 360 if you have a front rad in most cases.

The white covers seem a really strange idea.

Associate
Can't decide on MATX or ATX....someone push me!

Edit...i went for the matx. I only ever got single gpu and sounds card. Got it in gun metal!

Last edited:
Soldato
Which of the Corsair 100/110 series will fit in the micro ATX version of this? I think I saw something about some of the AIO coolers having 15mm or 20mm mounts/screws and need to get the right combo for the case?

Last edited:
Associate
Got the MATX today in grey. Build quality is amazing! Never seen anything close to this sub 150£. Extremely pleased and nice to down size a little from my looming fractal define S. Which for £60'is an amazing case just far to big for my needs.

Soldato
Going to order one of these this week and start getting some bits together over the coming months for a new rig , how are the stock fans ? It will be air cooled apart from probably a corsair h110 for the cpu , should I get some after markets ? If so which are best and how many would you guys suggest ?

Soldato
you might have just missed out, I'm sure there was one for £150 on Black Friday/cyber Monday all gone back up now.. I have the Stock fans in the front, 2 NZXT orange led on top, 2 x Cougar LED at bottom. plus an old water cooler, I think the stock fans are fine, depends whether you want it to look pretty

Soldato
Some nice water builds there :) slowly getting closer to finishing mine... Just gotta actually get round to removing the front rad to slide the pump in under the divider and doing all the pipe cutting. Then fill/leak test and am done :D

Doing a reservoirless build.... Well.... The fill pipe will act as a mini res as I under estimated how big the pump and res were so couldn't fit in the top section, even if I removed the pull fans from the 60mm thick rad it was still too close to look tidy... So just stuffing the pump out of the way lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Just make sure the pump is primed before firing it up.

Yeah I'm going to fill it up as much as I can before using the pump, in theory I should be able to pretty much fill the loop without the pump as I can turn the pc flat making the t intersection pretty much the highest part of the loop :)

Associate
Hi all.

I have a wee Evolv ITX (bought second hand), but seem to be having trouble with my front USB ports. Headphone and microphone jack works fine, but I initially had intermitted connection on the right hand port and nothing on the left, now nothing at all.

I've tried opening up the case and ensuring that the USB 3 cable is firmly pressed into the motherboard header, but still nothing.

I haven't opened up the front panel yet to have a look, but can there be something else that has failed and is easily fixable? I have tried googling this without much luck.

Associate
After a few months of owning the ATX version in black I've decided I'm going to part with mine. Whilst the size is fine for a mid-tower, and the build is superb, my new place means it's just too big really.

Will be sad to see it go if someone buys it as it really is one of the best cases out there IMO, but ITX is calling me.

Soldato
I've just finally ordered the black ATX today, the build won't be happening until january but I may move my current system over but it was on TWO at £120 so thought I'd save a few quid on the build and give myself something to rub up against until jan. :D

Currently have use of my brothers dremel so I may do a few mods before I get the components. Thinking of moving the PCIE power more towards the rear to suit the smaller HBM2 cards due next year and moving the lower ATX power passthrough grommet to that location, with any luck I can organise one from Phanteks at a reasonable price. Going to see if I can somehow mod 3 140mm fans into the front by shaving a few millimeters from each of the fans, I want red themed fans for the visible internals anyway. Perhaps some other tweaks before I get the build properly.

The order messed up the first time so I may and up with two of the things, only one payment confirmation mind so hopefully not.

Soldato
My matx case turned up last night, love how easy the panels come off and how well polished all round the case is ... Can't wait to get some parts in over the next few months hopefully in time for the new nvidia cards next year :)

Soldato
Just got her, man she's sexy. She was so cold when she got here condensation was all over her body. Amazingly she's only 1-2cm higher than my Voodoo case but about 2" wider and maybe a cm less depth. I don't think I'll hard mod her at all, certainly not at the moment, would be a crime.

Oh and I did almost receive 2, luckily I checked with support before they shipped and they cancelled and refunded one (cheers Damo) Finally after 7 years I have found a suitable replacement for my Voodoo. So happy right now :D

I'll get some pics for the ROH when she's looking a little more populated :D

Associate
Hi all, I'm considering getting the evolv atx but having read quite a few reports on this thread about the inside becoming like an oven with much higher temperatures and poor ventilation I'm quite concerned as I do want unrestricted ventilation (not doing water cooling). Is it really that bad? Or are there people who did air cooling here who are happy with the ventilation it offers? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom