*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Soldato
a lot of us have completed the main story line ages ago, I don't have a problem with it as long as you put it in spoiler tags for the guys that haven't yet. I don't think anyone will object at this point, maybe 5 days after release they would have but now should be fine?

I've only just started it! :)

Soldato
Yep, I'm level 33 now and I've just rescued Valentine. I've not even touched the bottom 3rd of the map either.

After that, it gets really amazing!

Just rescued Valentine my self at level 20.

Level 40, just got to Goodneighbour for Main Quest, did all other sides there and still there's more! It's almost like the game wants me to not find my child!

Soldato
OK well I'm only level 12 but I know what you mean. Easily distracted! Spending far too much time building and I told myself I was just going to quest and not bother. It's quite addictive once you understand mats etc (the magnifying glass is a godsend). Still baby steps then and I have been messed up many times already when poking my nose into things I shouldn't.

I got to Diamond City and got the Valentine quest. Think I'm going to explore more and level before I continue the main stuff.

Associate
I keep getting distracted and my mission list is just reminiscent of my work email inbox.

What weapons setup is everyone using? I've got:

Cryolator
Minigun
Combat Rifle - 58 Damage
Combat Shotgun - 108 Damage
10mm Pistol, 50ish Damage
.50 Sniper, 93 Damage
Various launchers, Fat Man, Nuke Grenades etc.

Associate
I run with:
Deliverer (10mm silenced pistol)
The Gainer (.44 with 15 points fire damage)
Reba II (.50 cal that does 50% more damage to Mirelurks)
Combat Rifle with 15 points plasma damage
Combat Shotgun (going to replace it with Le Fusil Terribles)
Plasma pistol with the sniper barrel (does around 76 ballistic & energy damage) named "The Party Pooper"

The odd time I take a six crank laser musket for one banging people while sneaking. I've just read you can get one of these as a legendary drop that shoots an additional projectile. Don't think I've found any that has this ability yet. Does that mean if a standard laser musket will do 38 base damage, an additional projectile firing musket would do 76? That plus 6 crank should be pretty fantastic.

Last edited:
Soldato
My fusil terribles does about 120 damage per hit. She's a monster of a weapon!

Other than that I usually roll with my main, bog standard gauss rifle with upgrades that make it pump out 200+ damage per hit. Secondary to that is my tinker Tom special 50cal. And for close up raider kills it's gotta be the deliverer. Feels like I'm playing goldeneye with that puppy major nostalgia.

Caporegime
The laser rifle paladin danse gives you is pretty much OP for the game as you get it really early on. Automatic modded with a character deep into the luck tree and it chews through enemies. All my other weapons are pretty much there to use for when I get bored of using laser beams! Also have a full modded rocket launcher mainly due to the ammo being quite common for a heavy weapon.

Only negative I do have is leveling up early before doing quests is making it quite easy. I have the X-01 as well and am pretty much unstoppable!

Associate
Did anyone else on PS4 find that Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution was bugged? Gutted really because I spent a few hours on it - not played F4 since!

During the last attack by the scavengers, I killed them all, but it was still advising me to go back in the boat to fight them off. Went through the entire area but didn't find any. Tried reloaded previous saves but it they were all past the last event trigger.

Associate
The overseers guardian is doing me fine, its overpowered and with the .45 ammo in vast supply I tend to swap it up a bit. I haven't even changed the caliber of ammo it takes but changed to semi auto. Don't really need to use another weapon though I do have a .50 cal silenced sniper with 25% extra damage.
I've also got a 10mm silenced pistol which works fine for rad roaches etc. and does 50% extra damage on critical hit.

Need to unlock gun perks to I can change the guardian to be silenced really and so I can mod the deliverer. Not sure if everyone knows or has worked it out but if you find a weapon with a mod on that you want then you can remove the mod and use that on a different weapon even if you don't have the perk required. So the perk is just to "construct" the mod in the first place and not to equip it.

Its why I've avoided putting any into gun nut or the science perk so far so I can keep my int low for idiot savant.

Soldato
I have a fully upgraded double-barrel shotty with 25% movement speed increase when aiming, pickman's blade for Ghouls and a .50 cal sniper with 108 damage (iirc) with 25% burning damage, all 3 of these pretty much cover all bases, never bother carrying around a heavy weapon like a mini gun/missle launcher. I'm finding the enemies too easy now so might put it back up to hard like I started on, it was bloody hard then!

Soldato
I have a fully upgraded double-barrel shotty with 25% movement speed increase when aiming, pickman's blade for Ghouls and a .50 cal sniper with 108 damage (iirc) with 25% burning damage, all 3 of these pretty much cover all bases, never bother carrying around a heavy weapon like a mini gun/missle launcher. I'm finding the enemies too easy now so might put it back up to hard like I started on, it was bloody hard then!

I carry a weapon for each bullet type, plus a laser weapon and usually have a missile launcher on my companion just in case.

Associate
I must be the only one that doesn't bother with Fatmen - I just sell 'em when found, same with missile launchers. Absolutely rinced a Legendary Deathclaw with a Plasma Pistol on a quest for the Railroad. The feels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom