Desks Boring but essential

Associate
Right firstly I was unsure where to post this so mods please move if necessary.
I am currently in the market for a new computer desk as mine is an old Argos P.O.S that is in imminent risk of collapse. However there seems to be little or no information about this slightly boring but necessary piece of kit. All that seem to be around are the boring M.D.F crappy desks that is unless you want to spend a small fortune.
I was wondering if this little community had any ideas or recommendations on this subject.
Things it must have.
  • Look nice & stylish
  • Have room for multiple monitors
  • Be able to show off my rig
  • Good cable management
  • Good build quality
  • Be reasonably priced
Any ideas?

Soldato
Saratoga Black Glass Home Office Computer Desk

product offers a generous 1600 x 700mm desktop with an attractive 10mm black glass top

Width: 1600
Depth: 700
Height: 758
in mm

saratogawalnut_face_sml.png

this is a nice desk i paid way less than that off them last year for it.

Associate
i just ordered on Friday a desk from Piranha Furniture. worth seeing if there is anything there you like the look of. I went with the Pelican in Black Glass.

Associate
I have one of these too, it's great value, rock solid and has a great cable management shelf that the pictures don't show.

I'll third this, used it for my latest setup, it's an excellent desk and looking to add a malm drawer set to house some files and lob the printer one. Great desk with excellent cable management in my eyes that's well hidden.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Buy 2nd hand from auction site, search things such as 'office desk', 'office table'. I got my for a fiver, its massive and can easily 3x 27inch monitors. Not sure about 30inch, you would just about to make it, I think.

I'll post a pic later if you want, currently unable to as I'm at work...

Associate
I purchase mine from local office removal company. Companies dont pay their bills so don't get the furniture back! You can get a very good, solid, large desk which would cost £300+ for as little as £50 if you find the right company. Worth ringing around.

Associate
As dabluone says have a look around for second hand office furniture - I was lucky enough to get mine for free about ten years ago. Depending where you are there might be a second hand office furniture showroom nearby.

Soldato
Buy 2nd hand from auction site, search things such as 'office desk', 'office table'. I got my for a fiver, its massive and can easily 3x 27inch monitors. Not sure about 30inch, you would just about to make it, I think.

I'll post a pic later if you want, currently unable to as I'm at work...

^ This! Deffo do this!!
I picked mine up from the bay for £20 including a little lockable filing cabinet / file storage chest of drawers thingy. It was one of those wavy design office desks that the seller didnt need anymore.

Sure I had to rock up with a drill and dismantle it myself, but it was worth it! She even wanted to give me the old office chair but didnt have space in the car! Just have a look and offer them a private message deal. Worked for me!

Back
Top Bottom