Formula E 2015/2016 season

Man of Honour
Remaining calender

Code:
Round 	Date 			City 		Country
4 	6 Feb 2016	 	Buenos Aires 	Argentina (tbc)
5 	12 Mar 2016 		tbc 		tbc
6 	2 April 2016 		Long Beach 	US
7 	23 or 24 April 2016 	Paris 		France
8 	21 May 2016 		Berlin 		Germany
9 	4 June 2016 		Moscow 		Russia
10, 11 	2,3 July 2016 		London 		UK

On now on ITV4.

Man of Honour
It's just crap. Sorry, I'm watching the race in Berlin, I've watched a couple of the other ones too and it's just rubbish. Noise is important, race cars need noise, but the tracks are terrible, bumpy and the racing seems to be typical single seater fare. I want to like it, but I just can't get into it at all.

Caporegime
The problem for me is the cars look out of sync with how they drive.

They have the look of a fast single seater but they have the performance of a small tin top. They are also massively over braked (carbon disks ffs!) and woefully under tyred.

Steel disks, proper tyres, and a revamped look that gets them away from looking slow would do wonders. They need to be smaller too, given the tracks are so narrow most of the time.

Man of Honour
They certainly look flimsy. They also look ponderous and slow, which will be down to many things, not least the lack of noise. The whole idea of racing around streets I understand, but the tracks mostly seem thrown together. The London event was appalling, too narrow, to tight, to slow, bad viewing, who is organising this crap. They could have done so much more with this than they are doing at the moment. Start by removing the wings and trying to make them look like single seaters of current series.

Caporegime
The wings provide no function other than astetics either. They are regularly broken or knocked off with no effect, and they aren't going fast enough to create any down force.

The Roboracer concept looks awesome, they should make the cars look like that instead.

Caporegime
Soldato
Digrassi is utterly shameless. deserves a life ban for intentional crash not to mention trying to block Buemi's fastest lap attempts.

complete disgrace. I hope the officials are ruthless and make an example of DiGrassi

Caporegime
Theres something ironic about a team run by Prost being rammed off the track to try and win a Championship.

Di Grassi is an arse, bans have been handed out for less.

Man of Honour
OP
did anyone do the free testing day at Donington last year?
worth going to?

also any idea if they are still on course to open up the formula in 2018-2019 season. with only one car per race, much larger batteries and no standard chassis, that's when I will get really interested in it, when teams can go radical on technology.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Watching it now, shame it's still non slicks and narrow bumpy road tracks, but guess they're not quick enough still just yet.

Back
Top Bottom