Origin Broadband

Associate
Has anyone heard much about them or does anyone use them? I called Virgin media's bluff and cancelled. I was getting fed up of all of the price hikes.

They are offering 76MB/s and 20Mbs upload for 27 a month including line rental if you pay upfront for the 18months (£500 pounds)

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Was with them for a few years when they were on the digital region in South Yorkshire. Had 0 issues with them for 2 years until the day it got turned off and they didn't let anyone know. Woke up with no internet and took a month to get it active again with Plusnet.

Giving them another go as they have the best deal for me currently and live date is tomorrow as Virgin Media have been a massive let down. The guy on the phone was very apologetic when I mentioned the digital region closure and that they've come along way since then.

Soldato
I've been with VM for two month and never had full speed in a evening, my average for the last two weeks has been between 5 and 20mbps down.

Gone with the Origin Max bundle.

Caporegime
I think there was a thread here earlier where it turned out they use CGNAT, but you can request a real IP. So do that.

Soldato
CGNAT can cause issues.

NAT levels on games consoles is probably the most likely.

If they do offer a static IP for a decent price you've at least got an option. No point paying for it unless there is a problem.

Soldato
Install date today, no issues at all didn't even need a site visit. Used my own router instead of the one they sent.

Speeds averaging 65-70mb down and 17-20mb up. Not bad for normal fibre. If those speeds stay tonight then it'll be miles quicker than Virgin.

Soldato
Install date today, no issues at all didn't even need a site visit. Used my own router instead of the one they sent.

Speeds averaging 65-70mb down and 17-20mb up. Not bad for normal fibre. If those speeds stay tonight then it'll be miles quicker than Virgin.

So jealous! :(

Soldato
Installed on Thursday speed test nearly every hour since then and it's been stuck between 65-70mb down and 17-19mb up. Happy with that, first weekend since we switched to VM I haven't had anyone moan at me for lagging in game or youtube / netflix buffering.

Soldato
It would be great to get further feedback on this company, as they are in the ball park price wise.

Are speeds stable and high during the evenings and weekends?

Soldato
Had no issues with downloading via Steam at 7.6mbps constantly and streaming Neflix and Amazon in 2160, 4k isn't a issue even with other people online at the same time.

Speedtest.net in a evening however does show slower speeds but I'm guessing it's just the default servers are taking a hammering and showing a slower speed across the board.

Back
Top Bottom