Spec Me a USB Wifi Adaptor

Soldato
As per the title please - getting too annoyed w/ my powerline's performance.

running a Netgear router, if that matters, puter for the adaptor will be Win 7 64bit.

TIA

Soldato
You need to decide what sort of wireless you want (2.4GHz, 5GHz, AC, etc) and how much you're willing to spend.

The router will have a bearing on what you can make use of. You'll need to provide the model number as well as the manufacturer.

Soldato
OP
i'm not after anything special, i thought 2.4 was the usual and 5 was just coming in to avoid conflicts w/ phones etc, doesn't really have an impact on my use, i'd think.
router will be about 10m away at most, downstairs, fairly usual thinninsh interior walls etc. Use will be very sporadic, just when i need to research something etc.
want to stick w/ USB, hence the title.

Soldato
I got a cheapo tp-link one and it's awful. Barely picks up wifi, and even shorts the USB ports from time to time.

Indeed, that's my experience with them too. But the OP just needs it for '10m away at most, downstairs, fairly usual thinninsh interior walls etc. Use will be very sporadic, just when i need to research something etc.' which chances are will be fine.

What do you think is in your phone and practically every mobile device you use? Nothing much more powerful.

Back
Top Bottom